Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
13,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was down in the Nye Beach area doing some shopping and when I was walking back to my car, I noticed the sign above my car so I took a picture. These are all over the place down at the beaches.

Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Automotive tire

All roads leading down to the beaches have signs painted on the street showing the expected level a tsunami will reach when the Cascada subduction earthquake hits. I've been touring homes for sale and I told the agent, "No homes in the tsunami zone." Granted, the house will still be rubble but at least I won't get washed away.

Plant Road surface Asphalt Tree Thoroughfare

·
Registered
2014 3.7, 14 Hybrid S, 17 Silver sport, 17 Red Sport, now 18 Signature.
2,161 Posts
So are they giving you a hint, to stay away from that area. Or don't purchase here.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
13,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So are they giving you a hint, to stay away from that area. Or don't purchase here.
For the locals, both. For outsiders moving into the area and don't know squat about tsunami zones, they don't seem to care.

Reactions: mapleDom

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
5,379 Posts
Newport is now off my places to retire to. Anyplace that has tsunami markings on the street and evacuation signs is not meant for me.

Reactions: mapleDom

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
5,379 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: NJZDMYZ

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
13,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Newport is now off my places to retire to. Anyplace that has tsunami markings on the street and evacuation signs is not meant for me.
Don't forget the tsunami sirens also.

I'm at 145 foot elevation so if it gets to me, it's all over anyway. You just have to buy above the tsunami zone.

• Haha
Reactions: NJZDMYZ

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
I could never live there. 😂

·
Registered
2014 3.7, 14 Hybrid S, 17 Silver sport, 17 Red Sport, now 18 Signature.
2,161 Posts
Come on over, no tsunami signs here. And you won't miss the snow.:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts