Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, what ATF is Q50 2.0T using? Search on the web and seems very confusing. Am asking cos i experienced funny RPM on first to second gear change. It goes up to whatever rpm but did not drop down during gear change (feels like CVT) but it does when comes to all other gear change. And happens only first to second gear change.

am thinkibg to get the ATF and change:

1) Manual and others were saying it is Nissan/ Infiniti Matic G, which seems to be unavailable at all. Only sees S and J
2) some also said its using Merc transmission 7-Gtronic hence Merc ATF should be used

·
Premium Member
1,839 Posts
If it was me, I'd go to an Infiniti parts counter with my VIN and use what they tell me to. If there is a newer fluid that supersedes the original recommendation for your car, the parts department will know that. And again if it was me, I'd probably just have the Infiniti service department change it. I don't have enough confidence in an independent shop to choose the correct fluid especially with so many transmission fluids on the market. I don't know what model year your car is and if you are still covered by warranty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply pillboy. Agreed with you. Btw I’m not from the US hence the service rendered by Infiniti definitely is different.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts