Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I just installed the AuCAR Android Mark 5 Tesla style screen over the weekend. I picked up the system on Alibaba from AuCar. They also have a website but the price listed on the site is more than what I got it for going direct on Alibaba. Let's just say I got it for less than what a Mark 3 system normally costs. The sales rep, Emma Peng, has been very helpful and responsive and got me in touch with their engineer on Whatsapp in case I had any issues/questions. Shipping time was pretty fast considering it shipped from Hong Kong via DHL. It was shipped express which was included in the price she quoted me. They shipped it on 6/1 and I got it on 6/3. Processing time after payment was about 3 days. The install was pretty easy because I had previous experience taking apart interior pieces to install a JoyeAuto system which I didn't really like so I made the change to this. The hardest part which took the longest was trying to figure out where to route the mic, mini speaker, and GPS antenna. I'm lovin' the system so far. No major issues. It has voice recognition when you press the voice button on the steering wheel. You can tell it to open and close certain apps, play/pause/stop, and a list of other commands. I was surprised that I didn't need to open the steering column to install a cable for steering wheel controls like I've seen with the Mark 3. It's integrated with the Mark 5.

Here are some pics.

·
Registered
2018 White Q50RS RWD
59 Posts
Looks cool! Can the aspect ratio of the middle screen (portion showing the car) be adjusted? Looks a bit odd (and the controls are the same as portions above and below, so not clear on why middle section is needed)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks cool! Can the aspect ratio of the middle screen (portion showing the car) be adjusted? Looks a bit odd (and the controls are the same as portions above and below, so not clear on why middle section is needed)
I'm not sure if the aspect ratio can be changed but you can swipe that middle screen left or right to get images of beaches and mountains and such. You can put your own image in the middle screen I guess.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Can you put something on full screen, no screens, just one big screen?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just installed custom firmware from Sergey Kozlov with custom boot animation, themes, and logos. It fixes some of the bugs on Tesla style screens. He runs a Facebook group called Tesla Style. Firmware and HeadUnits.

Click ->> Custom boot animation

I still have the original screen protector they put on for shipping.

·
Registered
2018 White Q50RS RWD
59 Posts
I just installed custom firmware from Sergey Kozlov with custom boot animation, themes, and logos. It fixes some of the bugs on Tesla style screens. He runs a Facebook group called Tesla Style. Firmware and HeadUnits.

Click ->> Custom boot animation
Ok, that looks WAY better. Big improvement with new firmware.

Loving that boot screen too. After first round of performance mods go on my car, I know i'll be tempted to try one of these.

Circle back with some user testing after you've played around with it for a bit. Would love to get more feedback on performance/reliability.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts