Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 94 Posts

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
17,175 Posts
I keep wanting to get one of these "Tesla" type displays, but it always seems that there are problems with them.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I keep wanting to get one of these "Tesla" type displays, but it always seems that there are problems with them.
I've been happy with mine after getting the 360 camera bug fixed with AuCar. The only minor bug I see is when my car sits for a week it doesn't fast boot when I turn the car on. The screen would go through the whole boot animation and processes. I'd have my car in reverse and backing out of the garage while it's still booting so my rear camera doesn't work and it freezes the boot animation so I get no rear view picture. Once I put it in drive, the boot finishes and things are ok.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
17,175 Posts

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
17,175 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a noob question: what are the mic and speaker for? If I get the tesla screen, do I need the mic and phone attached to pick up my voice and hear phone calls (ie the factory mic and phone speakers will no longer be supported)?
Hey,

Could anyone that has the Mark 5 answer this question? I've really been curious about this. Also has anyone found that the Mark five helps with the stock speakers?

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey,

Could anyone that has the Mark 5 answer this question? I've really been curious about this. Also has anyone found that the Mark five helps with the stock speakers?
I just installed mine and as per Rob's excellent video
you don't need them. I left the dongles out and it all works great through the OEM speakers and mic. The Bose sound system does even seem to sound better 🤷 I have the normal firmware and everything works great including 360 cameras.

I was unable to find where the OEM GPS antenna connector is on the car so I used the include antenna for now. I have the GPS adapter cable but don't know where to plug it in yet.

Also Android Auto wireless is only available if you download the HeadUnit Reloaded app. If you hard reset, you have to reinstall that to get it back.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
17,175 Posts
you don't need them. I left the dongles out and it all works great through the OEM speakers and mic. The Bose sound system does even seem to sound better 🤷 I have the normal firmware and everything works great including 360 cameras.

I was unable to find where the OEM GPS antenna connector is on the car so I used the include antenna for now. I have the GPS adapter cable but don't know where to plug it in yet.

Also Android Auto wireless is only available if you download the HeadUnit Reloaded app. If you hard reset, you have to reinstall that to get it back.
The OEM 2-pin GPS antenna connector is connected to the NAVI Control Unit which is located behind the Integral Switch (#32). Referring to the "B" inset diagram, #35 is the NAVI Control Unit and it is sitting on top of the AV Control Unit (#36).
White Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive exterior Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2 Posts
The OEM 2-pin GPS antenna connector is ...
Thank you! I found it nicely from that. Unfortunately, the recommended adapter cable doesn't seem to be the correct one. GT5-1S HRS is the connector style on the OEM GPS antenna wire I have in my 2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 (Nav/Bose). The recommended adapter uses a Fakra C to SMA.
Body jewelry Amber Font Natural material Audio equipment

Amazon.com: Bingfu Vehicle Car GPS Antenna Adapter Cable SMA Male to Fakra C Male Blue Coaxial Pigtail Cable 15cm 6 inch for Vehicle Truck SUV Car Stereo Head Unit GPS Navigation Receiver System GPS Tracker Modem : Electronics

What is needed is a GT5-1PP HRS to SMA. If you already bought the recommended adapter and have the same issue you could get this as well to hook it up. Hope this helps someone!
Automotive lighting Rectangle Cable Font Data transfer cable

NeweggBusiness - FAKRA C blue to GT5-1PP HRS grey male RF adapter GPS aerial car navigation radio

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts

Thank you!!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys,

I just installed the AuCAR Android Mark 5 Tesla style screen over the weekend. I picked up the system on Alibaba from AuCar. They also have a website but the price listed on the site is more than what I got it for going direct on Alibaba. Let's just say I got it for less than what a Mark 3 system normally costs. The sales rep, Emma Peng, has been very helpful and responsive and got me in touch with their engineer on Whatsapp in case I had any issues/questions. Shipping time was pretty fast considering it shipped from Hong Kong via DHL. It was shipped express which was included in the price she quoted me. They shipped it on 6/1 and I got it on 6/3. Processing time after payment was about 3 days. The install was pretty easy because I had previous experience taking apart interior pieces to install a JoyeAuto system which I didn't really like so I made the change to this. The hardest part which took the longest was trying to figure out where to route the mic, mini speaker, and GPS antenna. I'm lovin' the system so far. No major issues. It has voice recognition when you press the voice button on the steering wheel. You can tell it to open and close certain apps, play/pause/stop, and a list of other commands. I was surprised that I didn't need to open the steering column to install a cable for steering wheel controls like I've seen with the Mark 3. It's integrated with the Mark 5.

Here are some pics.

View attachment 100744

View attachment 100742

View attachment 100739

View attachment 100741

View attachment 100740
I can't get audio from YouTube but I do get video. I also got mine from Alibaba. I got a Q60 rs. Am I missing a connection???

·
Registered
2018 q50 sport
34 Posts
I can't get audio from YouTube but I do get video. I also got mine from Alibaba. I got a Q60 rs. Am I missing a connection???
Do you get sound through Bluetooth music? I had a similar issue twice a song would play but no sound I went to Intouch played the radio and my sound came back. The second time I checked my Bluetooth connection and my phone connected back to pen mycar instead of the aucar once I reconnected I got sound back

·
Registered
2018 White Q50RS RWD
172 Posts
I was searching around and came across this on Aliexpress. Does anyone know if this is legit?
Aucar Mark 6
I do not but that looks interesting. The Ali store has 96.3% positive rating, so that's a decent sign.

Is there any significant improvement in this version? HW refresh, new SW functionality?

41 - 60 of 94 Posts