Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I do not but that looks interesting. The Ali store has 96.3% positive rating, so that's a decent sign.

Is there any significant improvement in this version? HW refresh, new SW functionality?

• Pure Android 10 OS​
  • Video Format: Support FHD 1080P
  • Screen Resolution: 1920*1080, capacitive Multi-Touch screen
  • Bluetooth hands-free phone call, Synchronize contact list
  • Built-in WiFi function
  • Built-in Google Play Store
  • Built-in GPS Offline Map, Support Online Map
  • Audio Output: 4*45W EQ: 16 Equalizers for Sound
  • Radio Chip: NXP6686, AM / FM with RDS
  • Support AUX-IN Audio, with USB port
  • Support Steering Wheel Control
  • Certification: CE FCC RoHs
  • Voltage: DC 12V
  • OSD Language: English / Russian / French / German / Spanish / Italian / Arabic / Portuguese / Turkish / Thai / Polish / Hebrew etc.
  • Also I read it has Bluetooth 5.0
  • Support external digital tv-box

The feature look great but I don’t see this posted anywhere else. Plus $2000 is a lot of money.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Recently installed one of these and it seems to be working well (ordered from Squarewheels after watching his installation videos).

One thing I’ve still not be able to figure out is how to get my iPhone to automatically tether to the screen. I seem to have to do it manually every time. I’ve read that this is an iOS thing, and I need tether via Bluetooth to make it connect automatically. That said, I can’t figure out how to enable Bluetooth tethering. It might be in the ROOT access, but I can’t seem to locate the password as the one I’ve seen shared online is a no-go.

Any thoughts / help would be appreciated. I feel like there may be a google app or something to do this, yet I’m not a typical android user so I’m at a loss.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you! I found it nicely from that. Unfortunately, the recommended adapter cable doesn't seem to be the correct one. GT5-1S HRS is the connector style on the OEM GPS antenna wire I have in my 2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 (Nav/Bose). The recommended adapter uses a Fakra C to SMA.
View attachment 107133
Amazon.com: Bingfu Vehicle Car GPS Antenna Adapter Cable SMA Male to Fakra C Male Blue Coaxial Pigtail Cable 15cm 6 inch for Vehicle Truck SUV Car Stereo Head Unit GPS Navigation Receiver System GPS Tracker Modem : Electronics

What is needed is a GT5-1PP HRS to SMA. If you already bought the recommended adapter and have the same issue you could get this as well to hook it up. Hope this helps someone!
View attachment 107131
NeweggBusiness - FAKRA C blue to GT5-1PP HRS grey male RF adapter GPS aerial car navigation radio
So where did you end up attaching the adapter?? Can you show steps or pictures on how you did it? I'm in the process right now.

Thank you

·
Registered
25 Posts
So I know the Aucar Mark 6 is out and some people have them in their cars. I'm so curious to know the full review??? I want to buy it but if it's just a minor upgrade then it's not worth the money. Please let this system be great🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞.

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 RS AWD. Black on Black on Black
173 Posts
Paused my Mark 3 install while this ships across the planet so that I can just use the factory GPS antenna instead of running a new, redundant one...don't have the motivation to install it, then pull it all apart and then install it again.

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Am I going to need something like this for my 2014 Q50S Hybrid? I'm planning on purchasing the Mark 6 to install in my wife's car.
From what I gathered, you will if you want to use the factory GPS antenna instead of running and trying to hide the GPS puck that comes with the unit somewhere.

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
The OEM 2-pin GPS antenna connector is connected to the NAVI Control Unit which is located behind the Integral Switch (#32). Referring to the "B" inset diagram, #35 is the NAVI Control Unit and it is sitting on top of the AV Control Unit (#36).
View attachment 107119
Alrighty...So I got this mofo installed today. Not but I'm not sure if I did the GPS wiring correctly. I pulled out a wire with green tape. From the back of module 35 in the diagram and then put the adapter on that and ran it to the back of the tesla screen into where the normal GPS antenna Puck thingy would go. Weirdly, my factory GPS can still give me turn by turn directions but I can't figure out how to get Google maps to work on the tesla screen. Did I run the wrong wire?

·
Premium Member
173 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Q50 RS400
217 Posts
Hey guys,

I just installed the AuCAR Android Mark 5 Tesla style screen over the weekend. I picked up the system on Alibaba from AuCar. They also have a website but the price listed on the site is more than what I got it for going direct on Alibaba. Let's just say I got it for less than what a Mark 3 system normally costs. The sales rep, Emma Peng, has been very helpful and responsive and got me in touch with their engineer on Whatsapp in case I had any issues/questions. Shipping time was pretty fast considering it shipped from Hong Kong via DHL. It was shipped express which was included in the price she quoted me. They shipped it on 6/1 and I got it on 6/3. Processing time after payment was about 3 days. The install was pretty easy because I had previous experience taking apart interior pieces to install a JoyeAuto system which I didn't really like so I made the change to this. The hardest part which took the longest was trying to figure out where to route the mic, mini speaker, and GPS antenna. I'm lovin' the system so far. No major issues. It has voice recognition when you press the voice button on the steering wheel. You can tell it to open and close certain apps, play/pause/stop, and a list of other commands. I was surprised that I didn't need to open the steering column to install a cable for steering wheel controls like I've seen with the Mark 3. It's integrated with the Mark 5.

Here are some pics.

View attachment 100744

View attachment 100742

View attachment 100739

View attachment 100741

View attachment 100740
That's legit

·
Registered
555 Posts
So I know the Aucar Mark 6 is out and some people have them in their cars. I'm so curious to know the full review??? I want to buy it but if it's just a minor upgrade then it's not worth the money. Please let this system be great🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞.
Who?
Only SquareWheels has it AFAIK...still waiting on his review.
I'm happy with my Mark 5 so far with Sergey Firmware.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Is there anyway for to use the mic that comes stock with the car? Do I need to install the mic that is included with the screen?

Nm, got my question answered when looking at comments on youtube. xD And the answer is yes, you can totally use the stock mic.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just purchased a 2014 hybrid sport. I seem to only be getting around 24 mpg with conservative driving but that's a question for a different thread. Anyway, I'm going to install the AUcar mark 6 in a couple weeks so I've been researching the process and the one thing that's been bothering me is the GPS antenna. Why should I have to run an ugly wire all over the windshield or dash for a separate antenna when there's already one built into the car? Luckily, after combing through this thread, I found a clue that I think has led me to a solution. There's a piggyback cable that I can only find on ebay which appears to be not only perfect, but also marketed for this exact purpose. I've already ordered one since it's so cheap and it takes a while to ship from China. If anyone has any insight into this issue or this product, please let me know.
HRS Grey GT5 1PP to 1S M/F to SMA male GPS antenna car android navigation 756330761899 | eBay

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Just purchased a 2014 hybrid sport. I seem to only be getting around 24 mpg with conservative driving but that's a question for a different thread. Anyway, I'm going to install the AUcar mark 6 in a couple weeks so I've been researching the process and the one thing that's been bothering me is the GPS antenna. Why should I have to run an ugly wire all over the windshield or dash for a separate antenna when there's already one built into the car? Luckily, after combing through this thread, I found a clue that I think has led me to a solution. There's a piggyback cable that I can only find on ebay which appears to be not only perfect, but also marketed for this exact purpose. I've already ordered one since it's so cheap and it takes a while to ship from China. If anyone has any insight into this issue or this product, please let me know.
HRS Grey GT5 1PP to 1S M/F to SMA male GPS antenna car android navigation 756330761899 | eBay
I just did this install and it works great. I'm using the stock GPS antenna via an adapter cable running directly to the back of the tesla screen. I ordered both adapters (the farka-c and the sma one) because I wasn't sure which one I would need and shipping from Wuhan takes forever

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just did this install and it works great. I'm using the stock GPS antenna via an adapter cable running directly to the back of the tesla screen. I ordered both adapters (the farka-c and the sma one) because I wasn't sure which one I would need and shipping from Wuhan takes forever
Did you use a piggyback cable that splits the signal and sends it to both the tesla screen and the stock navigation unit, or did you just unplug the cable from the navigation unit and run it straight to the tesla screen with an adapter?

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Did you use a piggyback cable that splits the signal and sends it to both the tesla screen and the stock navigation unit, or did you just unplug the cable from the navigation unit and run it straight to the tesla screen with an adapter?
I just unplugged the antenna cable from the back of the nav control box thingy in the car and used an adapter to make that connect to the back of the tesla screen.

61 - 80 of 94 Posts