Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not stereo geek so not not care much about the high end nuances of the stereo system
However, I do seem to have a hard time hearing the Sirius/XM radio from the passenger seat without turning the radio up louder than normal. Because it is my wife's car and she would not let me drive the first 1200 miles so she could break it in properly:) I have spent some time in the passenger seat. Thus I have fussed with all the settings and read the manual on all the different settings

I also find the volume tuning to be a bit clunky not smooth in increasing the volume a measured pace thus it is turned up then it is too much and has to be adjusted down

I have had the G35 and M 37 And have a G37 and would not complain about the audio in any of them

Is it my ears and age showing or as anyone else "heard" this problem?

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
I know when I connect my iPhone to BT and play pandora, I have to crank up the volume louder than FM, for sure. My Infiniti sales guy even pointed it out. The XM may be an issue too ... I'm hoping all these issues will be fixed in the next patch for the system.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Check to be sure "Driver Stage" is not turned on. If it is, it will make the audio balanced for the driver and not the passenger.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
To me, it sound better if "Driver Stage" is turn on and "Bose Centerpoint" is turn off. This give a better bass respond, and sound is more clearer and crispier.
Sound is more upfront just like you sit in a live concert where sound is coming from in front of you. This is what car audio sound quality people trying to achieve when they build and tune their sound system. I think Bose did a great job on the Q50.

But if I don't have a passenger should I keep driver stage on?

Reactions: chicagokevo

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've found I like the sound with "Driver Stage" off when I'm driving. I'm also worried that if I keep it on I'll forget to turn it off when I have a passenger. One thing I have noticed though is at louder volumes the sound and bass sound awesome; however, at lower volumes it sometimes seems like there is too much bass. Anyone else notice this? I'm constantly having to adjust the base whenever I go from low volume to high and vice versa.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is just something not quite right with the volume and distribution of sound
I had already tried the ideas above
The more options sometimes creates challenges

Wonder if the new software will potentially improve this issue.....though not a critical one compared to what some of you have experienced

·
Registered
407 Posts
There is just something not quite right with the volume and distribution of sound
I had already tried the ideas above
The more options sometimes creates challenges

Wonder if the new software will potentially improve this issue.....though not a critical one compared to what some of you have experienced
installing the new software or even reinstalling the current software might solve it, you might as well do it just to rule out software being an issue if it's not by doing this

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.