Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I'm new to this forum and have only had my Q50 for about a month.

Thanks for posting all of the useful info on the site.

I'm having an intermittent issue w/ the volume control on my audio system (Bose). It simply will not work (raise or lower volume) from any point of contact whether it be the main control wheel below the InTouch screen, steering wheel, etc. I'll start the car, begin my commute and that's it...from that point on I'll have no control of the radio volume regardless of input (SXM, AM, FM, BTA, etc.). It retains the volume that was used prior to the last shut down of the car. I called my local dealer and he suggested pulling over and restarting the car which worked twice. The other times I could not pull the car over due to traffic conditions and was stuck with the volume at its prior level. After leaving the car off for hours at a time, it eventually works again.

It will be addressed by Infiniti as soon as I get a chance along with a few other glitches on the audio system such as:
  1. My iPod Classic keeps disconnecting as well so I'll have to look into that thread for more info prior to service unless someone knows of a quick fix.
  2. The BTA does not automatically reconnect if I leave the car (while running) for a moment with my iPhone on my person. If anyone knows of a way to bypass or correct this please let me know!
  3. A SXM station will get screen locked on a particular channel while I'm toggling to a different channel. The SXM channel name, pre-set number, song and artist will stay the same even though I'm on a completely different station. Fortunately, the music does change but I have no idea what channel I'm tuned into.
Yes, these are small but frustrating audtio errors and hopefully can be fixed permanently by Infiniti (or by someone on this site!).

Again, thanks to all of you for your input.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Hey All,

I'm new to this forum and have only had my Q50 for about a month.

Thanks for posting all of the useful info on the site.

I'm having an intermittent issue w/ the volume control on my audio system (Bose). It simply will not work (raise or lower volume) from any point of contact whether it be the main control wheel below the InTouch screen, steering wheel, etc. I'll start the car, begin my commute and that's it...from that point on I'll have no control of the radio volume regardless of input (SXM, AM, FM, BTA, etc.). It retains the volume that was used prior to the last shut down of the car. I called my local dealer and he suggested pulling over and restarting the car which worked twice. The other times I could not pull the car over due to traffic conditions and was stuck with the volume at its prior level. After leaving the car off for hours at a time, it eventually works again.

It will be addressed by Infiniti as soon as I get a chance along with a few other glitches on the audio system such as:
  1. My iPod Classic keeps disconnecting as well so I'll have to look into that thread for more info prior to service unless someone knows of a quick fix.
  2. The BTA does not automatically reconnect if I leave the car (while running) for a moment with my iPhone on my person. If anyone knows of a way to bypass or correct this please let me know!
  3. A SXM station will get screen locked on a particular channel while I'm toggling to a different channel. The SXM channel name, pre-set number, song and artist will stay the same even though I'm on a completely different station. Fortunately, the music does change but I have no idea what channel I'm tuned into.
Yes, these are small but frustrating audtio errors and hopefully can be fixed permanently by Infiniti (or by someone on this site!).

Again, thanks to all of you for your input.
I have the same problem with my iPod classic disconnecting. It doesn't happen nearly as much after I got the first software update, but still is frustrating at times. I find I have to unplug the USB and switch ports in the car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hunter81 - Thanks for the reply. I leased my car after the update was installed (picked it up on Dec. 30th), but these little quirks make it annoying especially since it worked perfectly in my old G35. It's possible that the Classic is simply dated and doesn't work perfectly with the new OS on the Q.

BTW - If you don't mind a few questions...what % are your windows tinted? What brand did you use (Huper Optik, 3MCS)?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure but will check.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have all these issues on my car as well. Along with my bottom screen will be on the music I am listening to and about every 10 minutes or so will switch back to the main menu screen. So I have to hit the audio screen again to see the song and station.

I have taken my car in for these issues and they have no answers for me and state that the car is working as designed. Do they honestly expect everyone to pull over and turn their cars off to get the car working properly?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Hi guys, I'm also having this issue, my volume doesn't go up or down from any of the input sources...any update on the fix or are we just tuning ON/OFF car?
If it's happening all the time you should take it to the dealer.
Something is broken.

If it's a rare occurrence, push in the volume button and hold it in until InTouch reboots.
The screen will go dark so you'll know when it reboots.

That should fix it if it's the rare intermittent issue.
I've had it happen to me twice now I think.

You can do this while driving.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I have all these issues on my car as well. Along with my bottom screen will be on the music I am listening to and about every 10 minutes or so will switch back to the main menu screen. So I have to hit the audio screen again to see the song and station.
I noticed that happened recently after I had the latest update and the airbag recall update back early May. It goes back to the main/home screen. It did not happened before. It does not bother me much because I kept switching the stations.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am also having the issue with the bottom screen switching from the music source back to the main screen. Haven't had the other issues yet.

I did a lot of research on vehicles before I bought my Q50 (both with owners and on line searches). We are not the only ones with a brand that has annoying glitches/problems with the electronics/nav systems. I think the whole industry is going through growing pains of creating increasingly complicated electronic platforms on wheels. If I had it my way, I'd prefer to let the car guys design and build fun to drive sporty cars with simple knobs and switches. I'd like my stereo/nav electronics to be controlled/viewed through a "disposable" device (phone, tablet, etc.) designed by electronics guys (Apple, Google, Samsung, etc.).

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I am also having the issue with the bottom screen switching from the music source back to the main screen. Haven't had the other issues yet.

I did a lot of research on vehicles before I bought my Q50 (both with owners and on line searches). We are not the only ones with a brand that has annoying glitches/problems with the electronics/nav systems. I think the whole industry is going through growing pains of creating increasingly complicated electronic platforms on wheels. If I had it my way, I'd prefer to let the car guys design and build fun to drive sporty cars with simple knobs and switches. I'd like my stereo/nav electronics to be controlled/viewed through a "disposable" device (phone, tablet, etc.) designed by electronics guys (Apple, Google, Samsung, etc.).
This is where most people think that your daily gadget vs. car gadget. You can't have the same hardware and stick it to the car. The hardware components tend to be more resistant to heat and impact. They tend to be 2-3 years technology behind. I believe, by going to software, it is also cheapen the production cost.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.