Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
I’m certain a self proclaimed expert will be happy to chime in on that. Without any links to back up his claim as usual.

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
Does anyone know how to get Andriod Auto play on a 2017 q50 Redsport?
You can run Android Auto if you buy a 2020 Q50. Otherwise, you are out of luck as there is no Infiniti retrofit for earlier model Q50's. Infiniti states that on their website. Pay no heed to our resident troll's insistence that all it takes is developing a software patch to provide CarPlay or Android Auto on previous MY Q50's. It's lack of the appropriate hardware in the existing head unit that prevents CP or AA from being used.

https://www.infinitiusa.com/intouch/faq.html

Go down to Android Auto on the FAQ pages and you will see this:

"Each Nissan model must be designed specifically for Android Auto, and therefore models sold prior to the Nissan introduction of Android Auto are not compatible."

There are aftermarket head units that can run AA, but they compromise some of the InTouch features when installed and are problematic.l

·
Registered
16 Posts
You can run Android Auto if you buy a 2020 Q50. Otherwise, you are out of luck as there is no Infiniti retrofit for earlier model Q50's. Infiniti states that on their website. Pay no heed to our resident troll's insistence that all it takes is developing a software patch to provide CarPlay or Android Auto on previous MY Q50's. It's lack of the appropriate hardware in the existing head unit that prevents CP or AA from being used.

https://www.infinitiusa.com/intouch/faq.html

Go down to Android Auto on the FAQ pages and you will see this:

"Each Nissan model must be designed specifically for Android Auto, and therefore models sold prior to the Nissan introduction of Android Auto are not compatible."

There are aftermarket head units that can run AA, but they compromise some of the InTouch features when installed and are problematic.l
That's a total shame. I've been in the market for a used Q50 and the subpar tech is making me hold back and consider other vehicles. And Infiniti won't even attempt to monetize selling CP/AA functionality to older vehicles, which is what other car manufacturers are doing. :confused:

·
Registered
553 Posts
That's a total shame. I've been in the market for a used Q50 and the subpar tech is making me hold back and consider other vehicles. And Infiniti won't even attempt to monetize selling CP/AA functionality to older vehicles, which is what other car manufacturers are doing. :confused:
Apple CarPlay and Android has only been available for a few weeks in Infiniti 2020 models. The largest issue with any automakers and Apple is licensing. Our resident bully may just be right and a retrofit may never be developed or available. However since the licensing with Infiniti is in it’s infancy they may indeed develop a retrofit. Some people are unable to grasp with change and lack the ability to grasp technology changes on a daily basis. Heck my grandfather still thinks the television remote is for lazy people.

If you’re looking for a used car with state of the art current tech good luck. If you’re looking for a great looking and performing 4 door sedan don’t let the lack of Apple CarPlay or Android hold you back.

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
Apple CarPlay and Android has only been available for a few weeks in Infiniti 2020 models. The largest issue with any automakers and Apple is licensing. Our resident bully may just be right and a retrofit may never be developed or available. However since the licensing with Infiniti is in it’s infancy they may indeed develop a retrofit. Some people are unable to grasp with change and lack the ability to grasp technology changes on a daily basis. Heck my grandfather still thinks the television remote is for lazy people.

If you’re looking for a used car with state of the art current tech good luck. If you’re looking for a great looking and performing 4 door sedan don’t let the lack of Apple CarPlay or Android hold you back.
Again, since your knowledge of audio electronics is obviously lacking, licensing is not the issue. The NAV head unit hardware is incompatible with CP and AA and it only has 512 MB of memory. All the licensing in the world won't make a retrofit happen. Infiniti states that on their website. If you don't believe what Infiniti said, then bet me that dollar I proposed earlier.

"Some people are unable to grasp with [sic] change and lack the ability to grasp technology changes on a daily basis. Heck my grandfather still thinks the television remote is for lazy people."

This certainly is true and I'd be happy to point you to some websites where you can learn more about how audio electronics hardware works.

Could you also point me to any link that would lead you to believe an Infiniti CP/AA retrofit is even being considered or is it only your personal opinion? I provided my proof, where's yours?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Again, since your knowledge of audio electronics is obviously lacking, licensing is not the issue. The NAV head unit hardware is incompatible with CP and AA and it only has 512 MB of memory. All the licensing in the world won't make a retrofit happen. Infiniti states that on their website. If you don't believe what Infiniti said, then bet me that dollar I proposed earlier.

"Some people are unable to grasp with [sic] change and lack the ability to grasp technology changes on a daily basis. Heck my grandfather still thinks the television remote is for lazy people."

This certainly is true and I'd be happy to point you to some websites where you can learn more about how audio electronics hardware works.

Could you also point me to any link that would lead you to believe an Infiniti CP/AA retrofit is even being considered or is it only your personal opinion? I provided my proof, where's yours?
Again, Infiniti just released Apple CarPlay and Android merely 2 weeks ago. Clearly Apple CarPlay is literally in its infancy with the Infiniti brand. Attempting to find fixes or retrofits at this stage would be futile. Retrofits are developed after the technology has been introduced. Expecting retrofit after a mere 2 weeks after introducing the platform is absurd at best. One would hope someone of your age and whom claims to have knowledge among other things to total strangers would be able to understand and grasp change especially with technology.

Your proof is indeed quite weak along with your selective and poor reading skills. As I stated earlier and will state again. You, the resident bully of the forum may indeed be correct that the Q50 will not be able to retrofit Apple CarPlay. However in today’s world saying technology will not be developed at a later date is not only short sided, it is also ignorant.

As for links. From the guy (resident bully) whom rarely if ever provided links and copy and pasted (plagiarized) other peoples words now asking for links is laughable at best. Finding links or reliable evidence of Apple CarPlay future capabilities would be similar to finding reliable sources and information on the Apple 12 iPhone. This even more so with Apple CarPlay being introduced to Infiniti a mere 2 weeks ago. So once again for the bully with selective reading skills. Apple CarPlay May never be available for past Infiniti models. However and once again, Apple CarPlay and Infiniti was just introduced 2 weeks ago. Only time will tell.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Does anyone know how to get Andriod Auto play on a 2017 q50 Redsport?
We don't need no stinking' CarPlay when our cars sound so sweet :)

If you want it in a Q50 you'll need to buy/lease a new 2020 model. They are just starting to hit the showrooms. I haven't seen the '20 RS 400s yet, but my dealer has a few '20 Luxe models already.

·
Registered
553 Posts
We don't need no stinking' CarPlay when our cars sound so sweet :)

If you want it in a Q50 you'll need to buy/lease a new 2020 model. They are just starting to hit the showrooms. I haven't seen the '20 RS 400s yet, but my dealer has a few '20 Luxe models already.
LOL....True for now if you want CarPlay or Android your only option is a 2020. And our cars do sound and look so sweeeet.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Could you not replace the old system with the new system, if it fits and you wanna spend that much on it......

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Could you not replace the old system with the new system, if it fits and you wanna spend that much on it......
I would bet that by the time you do that you'll have spent more money than what upgrading to a new 2020 would cost. But anything is possible if cost/value is not an issue.

Edit:
I would think that before long someone here will find a way to do just that. Let's wait and see.
"pilgrims get the arrows settlers take the land'.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I would bet that by the time you do that you'll have spent more money than what upgrading to a new 2020 would cost. But anything is possible if cost/value is not an issue.

Edit:
I would think that before long someone here will find a way to do just that. Let's wait and see.
"pilgrims get the arrows settlers take the land'.
110% correct

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
Again, Infiniti just released Apple CarPlay and Android merely 2 weeks ago. Clearly Apple CarPlay is literally in its infancy with the Infiniti brand. Attempting to find fixes or retrofits at this stage would be futile. Retrofits are developed after the technology has been introduced. Expecting retrofit after a mere 2 weeks after introducing the platform is absurd at best. One would hope someone of your age and whom claims to have knowledge among other things to total strangers would be able to understand and grasp change especially with technology.

Your proof is indeed quite weak along with your selective and poor reading skills. As I stated earlier and will state again. You, the resident bully of the forum may indeed be correct that the Q50 will not be able to retrofit Apple CarPlay. However in today’s world saying technology will not be developed at a later date is not only short sided, it is also ignorant. s

As for links. From the guy (resident bully) whom rarely if ever provided links and copy and pasted (plagiarized) other peoples words now asking for links is laughable at best. Finding links or reliable evidence of Apple CarPlay future capabilities would be similar to finding reliable sources and information on the Apple 12 iPhone. This even more so with Apple CarPlay being introduced to Infiniti a mere 2 weeks ago. So once again for the bully with selective reading skills. Apple CarPlay May never be available for past Infiniti models. However and once again, Apple CarPlay and Infiniti was just introduced 2 weeks ago. Only time will tell.
Yeah, what does Infiniti know anyway? They only stated in writing it isn't compatible and retrofits won't be available. Show me one shred of evidence to support your position. You can't because it's only your opinion that all your blather is based on. Now you're backtracking and saying I may be correct but your ego won't let you admit that you're wrong.

A CP/AA retrofit from Infiniti for previous model years will never happen. It's technologically and economically infeasible. I offered you a bet on that and you refuse to take it.

What a Luddite...

·
Registered
553 Posts
Yeah, what does Infiniti know anyway? They only stated in writing it isn't compatible and retrofits won't be available. Show me one shred of evidence to support your position. You can't because it's only your opinion that all your blather is based on. Now you're backtracking and saying I may be correct but your ego won't let you admit that you're wrong.

A CP/AA retrofit from Infiniti for previous model years will never happen. It's technologically and economically infeasible. I offered you a bet on that and you refuse to take it.

What a Luddite...
A bet from the bully of the forum? Almost as laughable as your pretended wealth and knowledge (excluding the incredible copy and paste abilities you have).

Again since you’re clearly challenged with reading and comprehension. So once again and hopefully your glasses are near. Apple CarPlay retrofit may indeed never happen for the Q50. Yet, the Infiniti announcement for Apple CarPlay was merely 2 weeks ago. To write off a retrofit saying it would never happen is shortsighted and quite ignorant especially in today’s world.

In today’s technology world things change quickly and saying never is extremely ignorant. I’m certain as a child bully you never dreamed of or thought your bullying practices would carry over into your final years as a internet bully. Now look at yourself today.

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
A bet from the bully of the forum? Almost as laughable as your pretended wealth and knowledge (excluding the incredible copy and paste abilities you have).

Again since you’re clearly challenged with reading and comprehension. So once again and hopefully your glasses are near. Apple CarPlay retrofit may indeed never happen for the Q50. Yet, the Infiniti announcement for Apple CarPlay was merely 2 weeks ago. To write off a retrofit saying it would never happen is shortsighted and quite ignorant especially in today’s world.

In today’s technology world things change quickly and saying never is extremely ignorant. I’m certain as a child bully you never dreamed of or thought your bullying practices would carry over into your final years as a internet bully. Now look at yourself today.
LOL! It's only a dollar! Come on! Put your dollar where your big mouth is! You can afford to lose a dollar, can't you?

·
Registered
553 Posts
LOL! It's only a dollar! Come on! Put your dollar where your big mouth is! You can afford to lose a dollar, can't you?
One dollar or 10 cents. I’ve never know a bully to ever pony up on a bet.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Another thing about the infotainment system being out of date, I bet android auto will be out of date the day it launches. Android auto just recently went wireless but the Infiniti video shows it being plugged in. This is a hardware issue and unless Infiniti changes something immediately it'll already be out of date. WHOOPS!

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
One dollar or 10 cents. I’ve never know a bully to ever pony up on a bet.
Oh, I always pay my bets and debts.

I'll even send you a signed letter saying that you were right and I was wrong along with the dollar bill and put them both in a picture frame for you to hang on your wall! In fact, if I win, you don't even have to pay me the dollar! You can't lose!

Of course, I'll understand if you decline since trolls like you won't stand behind their words. You'll just move on to some other passive-aggressive ploy since that's what trolls do.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts