Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Enough negativity..

I just got out of a meeting and am back to being excited about this launch.

Less than 48 hours from now, Q50's will be getting updated and picked up.

No one wants delays, but Infiniti made the right call. Look at other launches that should have been delayed and weren't..

Everyone has been waiting a long time for this... 2 days to get it right so you don't have any issues is nothing. We all need to BREATHE lol.

It is almost time :)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Enough negativity..

No one wants delays, but Infiniti made the right call. Look at other launches that should have been delayed and weren't..

Everyone has been waiting a long time for this... 2 days to get it right so you don't have any issues is nothing. We all need to BREATHE lol.

My two MONTHS of waiting starts..... about right Meow!
I live vicariously through you all!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Enough negativity..

Thank you for slapping us in the face and bringing as sense of reality to the forum! We're in the asylum together and going stir crazy. Infiniti needs to let us out soon! :eek:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Well, like I've been saying. My car still hasn't arrived at the dealership so until that happens, it doesn't matter to me what the date is. I hope it's on it's way, though!
I'm with you in that same line! No sign of my car just yet.

Reactions: avanti5010

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Enough negativity..

Did they actually say anything about what the actual update is supposed to be? Is it a functional, core feature or safety update?

My sales lady told me its to install the web apps like Pandora and Facebook. That's a pretty dumb reason to delay the sale date, if true. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
I'm with you in that same line! No sign of my car just yet.
Same here with me. I'm hoping to hear something tomorrow or Wednesday.

Did they actually say anything about what the actual update is supposed to be? Is it a functional, core feature or safety update?

My sales lady told me its to install the web apps like Pandora and Facebook. That's a pretty dumb reason to delay the sale date, if true. :rolleyes:
I thought that update for the apps was coming in September. I could be mistaken though.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Those apps are only part of it.. it is simply a better proceedure for installation of the update.. nothing safety wise or anything like that.

pretty simple.. anticipation and wanting the car to be ready leavs everyone to let their emotions over react (myself included). 2 days? If that means everything will be 100% and people wont be upset after taking their car home... 2 days is well worth it in my opinion

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Reactions: afrosheen

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Those apps are only part of it.. it is simply a better proceedure for installation of the update.. nothing safety wise or anything like that.

pretty simple.. anticipation and wanting the car to be ready leavs everyone to let their emotions over react (myself included). 2 days? If that means everything will be 100% and people wont be upset after taking their car home... 2 days is well worth it in my opinion
So will the apps like Pandora and iheart radio be working on the 7th?

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
The app suites will not be ready with the car on the 7th.
You can stream it but no apps with release..
That seems lame, they couldn't get the apps to work on release? Lexus had their apps on the GS on day one and that was over a year ago. Please don't tell me we will have to bring the car in to get those apps?

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
That seems lame, they couldn't get the apps to work on release? Lexus had their apps on the GS on day one and that was over a year ago. Please don't tell me we will have to bring the car in to get those apps?
No that's the point of this update...all future updates will be done remotely through telematics.

·
Registered
432 Posts
The app suites will not be ready with the car on the 7th.
You can stream it but no apps with release..
WHAT! I think they should delay the release of the car until October to make sure we have those APPS ready! :p

HAHA I don't really care, just give me my car, I don't need those apps to drive.

·
Registered
117 Posts
It all makes sense now. With the update to "change how the updates are done"

They really do need an official press release.
They may be trying to slip this under the radar, given the two prior delays that circulated through the press. Not advocating or disapproving, that's just my theory.

If that's the case, perhaps it's working—I've been scouring the webs all day for any news article pointing to the latest delay and haven't found one. I'm sure they're happy about that, and I don't blame them to a certain extent. This is an important launch for the company.

Reactions: gbert15
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.