Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you had locks up since the update?? I have not.

I'm getting my first oil change today at 5775 miles, well could be more by when I actually get it. How many miles on your car? Am I driving a bit too much? lol I'm curious to see where Aggie is at. Also, what oil would you recommend ? Is it worth it to pay the 50 bucks to infinity or I can just go to my local Nissan dealership ? It's more convenient as it's right up the block.

Thanks!

Oh also, did your "Tire" maintenance warning came up at 5,000 miles? (assuming you guys are driving as much as me)

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
I have still had lockups, but on a MUCH frequent level as I used to. And they are not the huge lockups that I had before that would not get fixed unless I turned the car off. I've had maybe 2 or 3 lockups since that first update last month. Right now, my Infiniti Connection is not working properly though. My mileage as of this morning is around 4,100 miles.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
On September 7, I had 2,750 miles.
On October 7, I had 3,350 miles.
October 29, I have 4,100 miles.

I have an Excel mileage tracker I use to make sure I'm staying on track for my 15,000 miles per year lease.

Reactions: tt_45

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh Aggie, I see, I am not leasing. I financed. Therefore, I'm not tracking it as much.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I find this previous comment on August 16 from you funny:
lmao to my defense I didn't buy my car from my local dealership. Fort Myers infiniti gave me a much better deal. I think it was 2,000 off and when I went to pick up my car they gave me another 500 off but that was by mistake and they said I've already paid so I didn't have to worry about it. Anyway, back on topic, a huge chunk of that 200 miles came from that trip I think they're like 60 or 70 miles away.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
As of today, mine is about 3778 miles. Got my oil (synthetic) changed at 2000 miles since it's free from my dealer. I'll change the oil again at 5000 miles, probably synthetic oil again. I do not have any lockup (Nav and Intouch) since my last update about a month ago. Everything working great so far, knock on wood :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have about 2,400 miles on my Q50 Hybrid Premium since purchasing in August. Initially experienced InTouch and Navigation lock-ups about once a week, but since about the middle of September I haven't had any. I got the initial update (the September release) last week and have had no problems at all. Guess I am one of the fortunate ones. Besides waiting for the remainder of the software release (apps, google integration, etc) the only InTouch issue that still really bugs me is having to wait a while after starting the car to adjust the radio /audio system aside from turning the volume up or down. Hope they address that one in a future update.

Orrin

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
I have 4000 Miles on mine and no lockup since the previous update. I still haven't gotten the 10/24 update and I'm a little hesitant to get it now after reading all of comments about it.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
I have 4000 Miles on mine and no lockup since the previous update. I still haven't gotten the 10/24 update and I'm a little hesitant to get it now after reading all of comments about it.
My Q50 was built on july 17 but I did not get it till Sept 27 as it was hung up at the port for over three weeks but I am getting my 2.3.7.0646 (10/24) update from 2.3.7.0578 on tomorrow (10/30).. I only had the car for one month about 1000 miles... No issues so far.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
I'm currently at 4,337 miles. I've had the car for exactly 3 months now. I drove 2,750 miles in Month #1, 600 miles in Month #2, and 987 miles in Month #3. Month #1 was so high because I did a ton of driving for business travel.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
No updates on my end yet but have had minimal lock ups in the first place so I didnt find it that necessary! Also, just got to 1200 miles on the odometer! Going to get an oil change on tom! Bought some mobile 1 5w-30 and gonna pick up the filter from a close by nissan dealership later after work! :D

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
No updates on my end yet but have had minimal lock ups in the first place so I didnt find it that necessary! Also, just got to 1200 miles on the odometer! Going to get an oil change on tom! Bought some mobile 1 5w-30 and gonna pick up the filter from a close by nissan dealership later after work! :D
I have now over 1300 miles and oil is clean as new, why change it so early?

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
I will be getting my first oil change in about 2 weeks before I go on my Thanksgiving trip. My odometer should be right around 5,000 at that time.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
I have now over 1300 miles and oil is clean as new, why change it so early?
Just going by the previous discussion on changing oil after breaking in the engine! Doesnt hurt to be cautious! :D

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Engine break in is done at the factory. Followed by an oil change, at the factory. No need to change it earlier than necessary.

But if it helps you sleep better at night, go for it.
Yup! Got that actually! Even the guy Ive been working with that works @ the infiniti service department says that but yea, its more of something that will help me sleep a little bit better @ night kind of thing! :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.