Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys
2015 Q50 3.7 here
I used to have no problems with my display automatically switching from day to night mode when it was light vs dark out.
even when I would go into a darker tunnel during the day, it would switch to dark mode, and switch back.
Recently it seems like this sensor hasn’t been working properly. Whether it’s dark or light out, the display doesn’t switch up and I have to do it manually.
How can I fix this? Please help! Do I need a new sensor?
let me know, thanks

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
6,706 Posts
Hi guys
2015 Q50 3.7 here
I used to have no problems with my display automatically switching from day to night mode when it was light vs dark out.
even when I would go into a darker tunnel during the day, it would switch to dark mode, and switch back.
Recently it seems like this sensor hasn’t been working properly. Whether it’s dark or light out, the display doesn’t switch up and I have to do it manually.
How can I fix this? Please help! Do I need a new sensor?
let me know, thanks
Has someone been messing with the screen settings?

Font Parallel Rectangle Number Document

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Have you check whatever fuse (if there is a fuse) that gives power to that sensor. If that’s good, is the sensor sensing a signal at all?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you check whatever fuse (if there is a fuse) that gives power to that sensor. If that’s good, is the sensor sensing a signal at all?
Don’t think anything is wrong with the fuse, haven’t checked though.
how would I know if the sensor is sensing a signal? I have headlights on auto w/ fog light on but during the day it stays on as well

·
Registered
6,778 Posts
Have you cleaned the sensor and windshield off? If your windshield or sensors lense are dirty enough it may think its night-time always and simply not adjust brightness.

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
6,706 Posts
Have you cleaned the sensor and windshield off? If your windshield or sensors lense are dirty enough it may think its night-time always and simply not adjust brightness.
Automotive tire Wood Grass Asphalt Road surface

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Don’t think anything is wrong with the fuse, haven’t checked though.
how would I know if the sensor is sensing a signal? I have headlights on auto w/ fog light on but during the day it stays on as well
Jamb voltmeter leads into its harness and see if there’s a voltage change when you cover and uncover the sensor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts