Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know you can manually change to Night mode in Settings, but doesn't the car automatically detects when to switch to Night mode? I mean... if it's dark enough for the Auto headlight to go on, maybe it should be night mode for the nav then...

Is there a setting I am missing to set this?

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
It does. By default, the nav screen switches to night mode every time the auto headlights come on. There is a button by the Infiniti controller that has a icon of a night and day mode. Hold that button and it will switch modes. Keep doing that until you get to auto mode. Mine was by default though

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It does. By default, the nav screen switches to night mode every time the auto headlights come on. There is a button by the Infiniti controller that has a icon of a night and day mode. Hold that button and it will switch modes. Keep doing that until you get to auto mode. Mine was by default though
Do have a picture of this Infiniti controller and where it's located? thanks

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Aggie...have you ever experienced issues with the day/night mode on the nav screen now changing sometimes? I noticed recently that when the headlights come on, the intouch screen might dim to night mode but the navi would stay white instead of changing to the black background. Sometimes i have to turn off the headlights manually and put it back on to get it to refresh itself.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Aggie...have you ever experienced issues with the day/night mode on the nav screen now changing sometimes? I noticed recently that when the headlights come on, the intouch screen might dim to night mode but the navi would stay white instead of changing to the black background. Sometimes i have to turn off the headlights manually and put it back on to get it to refresh itself.
I don't think I've had that issue.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Thanks you! Didn't realize you could hold that button.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
I hold down the button and there is no option to change the mode. What am I doing wrong?
Your nav screen didn't go to night mode automatically?

I am not sure if same thing applies for cars without nav

·
Registered
1,359 Posts

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
No. It doesn't go into night mode automatically and when I push the button on the dial, there is no option to change night mode. :eek:
The button is located right underneath the back and map button, near the drive mode selector. Not the actual knob to move map etc.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.