Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm not sure if how this is supposed to work exactly, so I'm hoping someone else can provide feedback as to their experience.

It's about 32 deg F (0 degrees C) where I am today. The steering wheel heater is set to off, but the setting to automatically activate it (in the vehicle 'other' settings) is set to ON.

The steering wheel heater engages fine when I manually set it to On/Off, but it doesn't seem to want to automatically activate when I turn the car on at this temperature

Does it need to be colder than this to activate automatically? -- Or am I misunderstanding how this is supposed to work.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Its supposed to come on when its under 40 degrees F when it is set to automatically turn on. Mine does it every morning when I start the car but it only stays on for a little while. Not sure why your's isn't working the same way.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I didn't even know this was a feature. :eek: Switched it to auto last and it worked for me this morning. It's 3 degrees F (-16 C) this morning.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Mine doesn't work on auto either. Posted this in another thread as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.