Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 234 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning Folks,

Hot off the presses there is a new TSB. (ITB13-036) that applies to these vehicles.

Built before the following VINs:
Q50 2WD JN1BV7AP(*)EM 679637
Q50 4WD JN1BV7AR(*)EM 694204
Q50 Hybrid 2WD JN1AV7AP(*)EM 691118
Q50 Hybrid 4WD JN1AV7AR(*)EM 701966

It addresses the following concerns:
• iPod music does not restart when reconnecting USB cable
• Cannot access "xL" listed SiriusXM stations
• "Sandbox has stopped unexpectedly" message appears
• Unavailable App icons appear in App Garage
• Left side scroll/slider function is not available while driving
• Steering wheel volume control is slow to adjust

No further information is given about items that are updated beyond those few. I have an email out looking for more information.

It takes about an hour to update and must be done at the dealer.

Hopefully this helps some of you all.

Cheers,

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
My dealer hasn't received the USB yet. This is *NOT* the Fall 2013 update, this is an interim update to fix specifically those issues noted above.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
I wonder if this fixed some of the freezing issues as well. I had another lockup this morning, it rebooted itself after 5 minutes, worked for a couple minutes then my nav screen went blank. Didnt come back until after i restarted the car.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
I wonder if this fixed some of the freezing issues as well. I had another lockup this morning, it rebooted itself after 5 minutes, worked for a couple minutes then my nav screen went blank. Didnt come back until after i restarted the car.
I had a lockup this morning too. :(

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My dealer hasn't received the USB yet. This is *NOT* the Fall 2013 update, this is an interim update to fix specifically those issues noted above.
We just received our sticks for it about 30 minutes ago.

You are correct this is an interim update.

The only information I have regarding what is fixed at this time is the items copied from the bulletin.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
I had a lockup this morning too. :(
How coincidental is that. I wonder if something was spinning over the air that caused the lockup? :confused: How interesting would that be.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Looks like I'll be getting mine done on Thursday. I have some other stuff the engineers want to look at. I'm glad this will fix up some of the issues! :)

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Nice! Thanks for the heads up! Ill contact my dealer regarding this!

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Great info. I have an appointment scheduled for Saturday to get this done.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Did you guys who have your cars at the dealer for this update get called by them? Mine hasn't contacted me yet.
This is a service bulletin not a recall. They will not be calling you.

I strongly suggest saying you are experiencing one of the listed complaints and asking for the new software update.

1 - 20 of 234 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.