Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know about altering the programming for the AWD system? I'm just wondering if there's a way to improve the AWD system in some way.

I keep coming across a lot of different information in regards to how the system actually operates, so if you know specifics or where I can read more please point me that way.

Thank you

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
What improvements are you looking to make?

Reactions: jodedor

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mostly just curious as I have heard that it can become a bit squirrely when you make higher power and are launching from 0. Being that it is a lot of electronics and not just mechanical I figured someone out there might have tried messing with it.

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts
Mostly just curious as I have heard that it can become a bit squirrely when you make higher power and are launching from 0. Being that it is a lot of electronics and not just mechanical I figured someone out there might have tried messing with it.
How much power are you making, and what sorts of problems are you having?

I have zero complaints about the AWD in this car.

some have added a rear and one has added rear and front mechanical LSD.

I doubt you will have issues with whatever power you think you will throw at it.

Your traction issues would not be due to the AWD.

Reactions: u1arunit

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How much power are you making, and what sorts of problems are you having?
I’m stock right now just finally joining the forum after having my Q for a year and wanting to start modifying. I’m mostly just asking out of curiosity, you know.

some have added a rear and one has added rear and front mechanical LSD.
I’ve seen the LSD for the rear but didn’t know they had one for the front. Probably expensive though yeah?

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Reactions: ptatohed and Batell

·
Registered
237 Posts
My AWD on the red sport with about 500whp works just fine. I usually just turn off the traction and control the wheel spin myself if I go on a spirited drive.

·
Registered
2017 Infiniti Q60 3.0t AWD
139 Posts
AWD system on these vehicles work wonder. I went through some harsh southern Idaho snow just with my DWS06 and AWD, it had me do just the speed limit, 80mph on I-84 along with other AWD and 4WD trucks when snow is blowing and everyone else is doing 50 and under.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
AWD system on these vehicles work wonder. I went through some harsh southern Idaho snow just with my DWS06 and AWD, it had me do just the speed limit, 80mph on I-84 along with other AWD and 4WD trucks when snow is blowing and everyone else is doing 50 and under.
Careful, that false sense of security can get you killed. AWD does not stop any faster. Nor maneuver much better. Not one bit.

Reactions: 16Q50rdsprt400

·
Premium Member
'17 SS
532 Posts
For winter I ran Pirelli Sottozero 3's, and then switched to DWS06, and having good tires honestly has saved my life multiple times when it's snowing, I am pretty happy with the AWD, I prefer the rear bias.

·
Registered
2017 Infiniti Q60 3.0t AWD
139 Posts
For winter I ran Pirelli Sottozero 3's, and then switched to DWS06, and having good tires honestly has saved my life multiple times when it's snowing, I am pretty happy with the AWD, I prefer the rear bias.
I guess I gotta shop for winter tires when I move down to Utah this year! I’ve had my car most of time in Seattle area and shortly in southern Idaho and honestly didn’t need snow tires till now

·
Premium Member
'17 SS
532 Posts
I guess I gotta shop for winter tires when I move down to Utah this year! I’ve had my car most of time in Seattle area and shortly in southern Idaho and honestly didn’t need snow tires till now
I think that you could manage with just the DWS06 if you are down in the SLC valley. If you are up in Ogden, PC, or down in Provo, winter tires are a must.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Nokian Hakkapeliita are the best. Hands down. Michelin X-Ice are a close second.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts