Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys I am coming from the Z scene and planning on switching to a 2016 q50 sport with the awd. I am planning on buying it with intentions to mod and tune and all that. Where I live and coming from the Z scene the obvious tuner is Jon at Z1 from what I know it’s a rwd dyno and I’m not 100% sure about the awd vs rwd and how it all works. Many people have told me to get the awd but can the awd q50 be tuned into a dyno? Probably a stupid question but can someone help me out?

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
13,833 Posts
I'd recommend the AWD for better traction with increased power but you should look for a dynamometer that is for AWD vehicles.

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
I have a '17 Q60 AWD. I was Ecutek road-tuned by Seb @ SpecialtyZ in SoCal. When I returned to WA state, I found a DynoJet AWD dyno @ Drift Office in Auburn, WA.

An AWD dyno will be best to realize the true driveline losses at speed. Drift Office ran my Q up to ~115 mph (iirc) in 4th gear.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Tuning RWD or a AWD is no different. As others have said, AWD is recommended with the additional power or you will just be spinning. You will need to be tuned on an AWD Dyno or Street tuned.

·
Registered
2015 infiniti Q50 Premium AWD
1 Posts
There are AWD members who have unplugged the fuse and dyno’d RWD. Im not too sure if theres a major power lost with that (correct me if im wrong)

ill be tuning with admin and its and etune so all done by data logging. Also AWD.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts