Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So just got the 1st 5k service completed on Monday....got sick all week so didn't leave home...drove it last night and I thought I was drunk on meds cuz everything on my actual right showed on the left of the backup camera. Even when I turned my wheel right the lines showed turning left.

Went to my dealer and they said oh wow it really is backwards...so I have to turn it in again on Friday...blah

Anyone know of such and fixed it?

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Wow! Dang! Thats with the around view monitor right? Hopefully nothingngoes wrong with mine!

Maybe they will just redo the install! But still, its messed up! :(

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
For months, I've thought that some of the problems mentioned here, especially after updates, weren't the fault of Infiniti, but of the service techs who aren't as proficient as they should be. This would be a glaring example of that. Just theorizing.:(

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
So just got the 1st 5k service completed on Monday....got sick all week so didn't leave home...drove it last night and I thought I was drunk on meds cuz everything on my actual right showed on the left of the backup camera. Even when I turned my wheel right the lines showed turning left.

Went to my dealer and they said oh wow it really is backwards...so I have to turn it in again on Friday...blah

Anyone know of such and fixed it?
I would press the camera button and see if all the images are upside down/inverted?

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Read the title of this thread. Was thinking this...

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would press the camera button and see if all the images are upside down/inverted?
Tried that and nothing in the settings to change or fix...

Note they said nothing was updated at time of service...

Maybe I should try to remove battery...anyone know what might go wrong or what will reset if I remove battery?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So after lots of internet searching I guess I am unquie with this issue...but why after 5k miles?! Even everyone at the dealer is surprised and shocked...I'll keep all posted when I drop off the car later this week

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
So after lots of internet searching I guess I am unquie with this issue...but why after 5k miles?! Even everyone at the dealer is surprised and shocked...I'll keep all posted when I drop off the car later this week
Actually there have been some strange issues with the Q50 reverse camera software. Here's a pretty odd one:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Pro rickroll!!!! Lol

So i got me a bright red g37 as a loaner and they said they have to keep the Q50overnjght becuz they spent all day trying to find the software update for the intouch which they think will fix the camera issues...no they are not sure yet...

And when I say they i mean my useless infiniti dealership...sighface they can have 2 fully trained GTR techs but they cannot even keep track of software update files for a Q50

No one cares about the lonely island of Guam until there is a war in Asia and fuel is needed...lol

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So I got an update from the dealer here and they said that they need to replace the audio visual control module. I'm not sure what that is but it'll take a little less than 2 weeks to be shipped here and an unknown amount of time to replace it. Now there is no guarantees that this will fix the issue.

I currently don't know what options I have...I'm looking at about 3 - 4 weeks at the least without the car I purchased...it also doesn't help when I asked for a bigger car than a g37 coupe they gave me a dirty smelly Nissan rogue...I'm not hating on the car it really is dirty and it really does smell...like stale Cheetos...

What do you folks think I should do? I'm already 5 days without my Q50

·
Registered
185 Posts
So I got an update from the dealer here and they said that they need to replace the audio visual control module. I'm not sure what that is but it'll take a little less than 2 weeks to be shipped here and an unknown amount of time to replace it. Now there is no guarantees that this will fix the issue.

I currently don't know what options I have...I'm looking at about 3 - 4 weeks at the least without the car I purchased...it also doesn't help when I asked for a bigger car than a g37 coupe they gave me a dirty smelly Nissan rogue...I'm not hating on the car it really is dirty and it really does smell...like stale Cheetos...

If its just the backup camera that's an issue, why not just keep the car until the replacement arrives? That way you wont have to deal with the smelly rogue for too long.

·
Registered
181 Posts
If its just the backup camera that's an issue, why not just keep the car until the replacement arrives? That way you wont have to deal with the smelly rogue for too long.
Exactly. I'd do the same. Jumping from a nice car to the dump for few weeks..... Easy decision. :)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Unfortunately I can't do that because now the backup camera is a safety issues and they will not release the car from the dealer knowing there is a safety issue win the car. If anything were to happen, death or injuries because of this issues and dealer knee about it they will be liable for all and any damages...

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts

I'd take the stinky Rogue back and demand an FX. If they give you problems call corporate right in front of them. >:D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.