Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2016 Infiniti Q50 and I’m interested in buying parts that would allow me to backfire/get that popping noise. I am not a car guy at all so I have no idea what I’m talking about. I know that there are only a few discussions on here about backfire, but I didn’t get all the information I need. So far after some research I’ve found that I need downpipes, a racechip tune, and a heat exchanger (I live in Florida and my cars blacked out). I was wondering if anyone can help me figure out everything I need before I go spend a bunch of money. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
2017 Q50 S Red Sport 400 RWD
35 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
What you are after is referred to as a "pops and bangs" or "burble" tune. Find an EcuTek Master Tuner for the VR30 then reach out to them to see if they can tune your vehicle for a "pops and bangs" or "burble" tune; once you find a tuner that says they can do it, ask them what the prerequisites are (such as exhaust upgrades required).

Within Florida, I have heard good things about BTuned Performance, but there are several great EcuTek Master Tuners for the VR30 across the USA.

·
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
7,323 Posts
I guess I don't understand why someone would want to install a pops and bang map on their car. Intentionally exposing parts of your car's powertrain to very high temperatures that aren't designed for it (valves, piston heads, turbines and catalytic converters) can seriously damage your engine. Tuners can certainly provide it and tell you it's relatively safe but definitely won't guarantee it. Spend your money on making power, not flames IMHO.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I guess I don't understand why someone would want to install a pops and bang map on their car.
For the exact same reasons some people throw 26-inch wheels with a tiny strip of rubber on their lifted car or drag their oil pan on the ground with extreme camber eating away at their tires while and minimizing their traction and handling.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What you are after is referred to as a "pops and bangs" or "burble" tune. Find an EcuTek Master Tuner for the VR30 then reach out to them to see if they can tune your vehicle for a "pops and bangs" or "burble" tune; once you find a tuner that says they can do it, ask them what the prerequisites are (such as exhaust upgrades required).

Within Florida, I have heard good things about BTuned Performance, but there are several great EcuTek Master Tuners for the VR30 across the USA.
Thank your for the info, very much appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess I don't understand why someone would want to install a pops and bang map on their car. Intentionally exposing parts of your car's powertrain to very high temperatures that aren't designed for it (valves, piston heads, turbines and catalytic converters) can seriously damage your engine. Tuners can certainly provide it and tell you it's relatively safe but definitely won't guarantee it. Spend your money on making power, not flames IMHO.

I had no interest in getting these modifications until about a week ago when my friend who has a Volkswagen Golf pulled up to my house making all the popping sounds and he took me for a drive and I thought it was so badass. I’m not too worried about making the car faster, the car’s already fast enough for me. I just want it to sound really great.

·
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
7,323 Posts
Then pop and bang away! Just wanted to let you know the risks since you said you had no idea what you're talking about.

·
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
7,323 Posts
That's not what I said at all. I see no problem putting a heat exchanger, downpipes or a tune on your car. Countless people have done so. I simply informed you of the potential risk of running a pop and bang map as part of your tune. It's your car to do with as you please.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's not what I said at all. I see no problem putting a heat exchanger, downpipes or a tune on your car. Countless people have done so. I simply informed you of the potential risk of running a pop and bang map as part of your tune. It's your car to do with as you please.
Okay, thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
2017 Infiniti Q60 Red Sport AWD
1,366 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts