Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it me or does the backup camera on the Q50 looks like a cheap security camera? Terrible resolution compare to G37. It's shame because my nav looks amazing but when I shift to R it looks like crap.

I don't have the 360 cam view, just the backup cam.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Noticed that too. My Lexus has a sharp picture, but not as bright in low light.

Maybe it can be swapped out for a better unit.

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Crappy camera, high res screen = fuzzy picture. Not too impressive but it gets the job done.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
my dads 2011 QX56 has the 360 surround view system as well..first thing i noticed when i got in the q50 was that the resolution wasn't as sharp. a way to keep the cost down perhaps?

·
Registered
309 Posts
I didn't need to hear that :(

I luv my g37 backup camera
Just get the AVM you'll be fine :)

There does appear to be a difference between years and models. Driving both back to back at night I think the Q is much better at night, the LED reverse lights and higher ISO camera make a big difference. It looks a little more wide angle than the previous models. During the day it does get the job done but...

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
To me it isn't so much a resolution difference (although there may be one). But rather an exposure/contrast issue. I'm hoping it can get resolved via software. It isn't a huge issue, but I'd like to see the image be as nice as on the other Infinitis.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I dont mind the resolution, but absolutely think it was shortsighted of Infiniti to not have the lines load on the camera immediately when the car starts like it did on my G37. There is no point to the lines in this case as they are never there when i need them. Wonder if they will update the backup camera to have the guidelines load at start? That would really make me happy as the guidelines are SO helpful in this vehicle!

·
Registered
28 Posts
is it me, or is it TERRIBLE at night. Dark and dim. I think the license plate lights are too dim, if they were brighter, i could see better with at night. Or maybe my license plate lights are defective. During the day, the resolution isnt amazing, but its bright. At night, in a dark, dimly lit area (my house) its almost useless. Especially in the rain...worthless.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Is it me or does the backup camera on the Q50 looks like a cheap security camera? Terrible resolution compare to G37. It's shame because my nav looks amazing but when I shift to R it looks like crap.

I don't have the 360 cam view, just the backup cam.
Yeah my phone has better resolution video than a car that costs 225x times more.

Reactions: Albor2013

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
and people ask me why I haven't test driven the Q50 yet...It's mostly because I'm not even sure if I want to get one at this point anymore.

The Q50 was probably one of my most anticipated cars and all I keep hearing is stuff like this that kinda worries me a tad. There shouldn't have to be a bunch of workarounds.

I think I've been hoping to test drive some other vehicles in the hopes that I could pull an afrosheen and maybe jump into another car for a few years while Infiniti works the kinks out and then hop back into a Q50 once they get things to where I think they need to be.

·
Registered
289 Posts
and people ask me why I haven't test driven the Q50 yet...It's mostly because I'm not even sure if I want to get one at this point anymore.

The Q50 was probably one of my most anticipated cars and all I keep hearing is stuff like this that kinda worries me a tad. There shouldn't have to be a bunch of workarounds.

I think I've been hoping to test drive some other vehicles in the hopes that I could pull an afrosheen and maybe jump into another car for a few years while Infiniti works the kinks out and then hop back into a Q50 once they get things to where I think they need to be.
You probably planned this already, but I'd wait for the next gen, (maybe 3rd gen ) Q. I'm sure the kinks will be straightened out, with possibly better HP/torque stats and better looking tail lights!!!

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Try this. DO IT WITH THE CAMERA ON - Not with the map displaying on the upper display.

Go to Settings, Display. Choose the upper display.
Turn Brightness up a couple clicks (press the plus button two or three times)
Turn Contrast Down a couple clicks (press the minus button two or three times)
Turn Black Level up a couple clicks.

Reactions: Orrin

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
You probably planned this already, but I'd wait for the next gen, (maybe 3rd gen ) Q. I'm sure the kinks will be straightened out, with possibly better HP/torque stats and better looking tail lights!!!
I'm definitely gonna see what happens.

I'm trying to play ball with my local Infiniti dealer to see if I can get a good deal first and see how much the residual might be on a highly incentivized Q50.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.