Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, this example is a salvage vehicle, however, the tools are out there for checking used vehicle history, whether it's a clean or salvage title.

A Q60 forum member in Florida asked me to research a 2018 Q60 Red Sport RWD w/12k miles seen on this salvage auction site:

Salvage Car Infiniti Q60 2018 White for sale in MIAMI FL online auction JN1FV7EK0JM******
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Grille

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Grille

Wheel Vehicle Tire Car Plant

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Rectangle Font Parallel Number Screenshot

Looks good at 1st glance, right? "No visible damage"?

Well, popping this VIN into the my badvin.org account (I have a few free reports remaining from research earlier this year on an Audi RS5 SB potential purchase), it pulls up something entirely different:

Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Technology

Automotive parking light Car Wheel Tire Vehicle

And then this, too:
Font Material property Screenshot Number Magenta

And that's a big "Hell, no!" on this example.

I'm laughing at the "Buy It Now" price of $34,950 on ridesafety.com, and even at $7,100 (current bid), maybe for the engine, drivetrain, wheels, and brakes, because can you imagine how tweaked the space frame is from the roll-over? Yikes!

Buyer beware!

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
16,275 Posts
They said it runs and drives! They just didn't say how well. The right rear wheel assembly appears to be gone. I can't see how anyone would expect to make any money rebuilding that mess without cutting corners. It would be interesting to check dimensions on some measurement points to see how far off from spec it is.

I would never buy a salvaged vehicle.

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
6,286 Posts
I wonder if the rebuilder was here asking questions?

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Reactions: Wheels43

·
Registered
12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
6,286 Posts
That poor car sure has led a phucked existence.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yup. Search the VIN in Google and see what it actually looked like before. Almost every Salvage car, you’ll find the Copart auction listing. That car sold for $6000 and it looked slaughtered before: https://en.bidfax.info/infiniti/q60...0-2018-white-30l-6-vin-jn1fv7ek0jm530707.html

edit: that auction was in 2019 in California. Here’s the same car again in 2021 in Florida, with flood damage 😂https://en.bidfax.info/infiniti/q60...0-2018-white-30l-6-vin-jn1fv7ek0jm530707.html
Banged up and flooded...geez..sad thing is someone is going to buy this without knowing, and will complain that Q's are junk and unreliable

1 - 8 of 8 Posts