Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I put the car into sport/personal w/ sport to get a rapid charge on the battery at highway speeds. Sport usually kicks the engine down a gear and sends the assist/charge gauge to a good level of charging. Sometimes the car will maintain a lower gear, but the A/C gauge will oddly fall back to the middle with the car not taking advantage of storing energy from the higher revs. I have found that putting the car back in standard mode and then flipping it back to sport will reset the process with the engine giving a rapid charge to the battery again. Also paddle shifters can be useful if sport mode alone is not giving a rapid enough charge. I can downshift further and usually get a more rapid charge, but it's not 100% effective. Either way, if you fidget around enough with your shifters and drive mode switch you can usually trick the car into doing what you want. I still think some additional control needs to be programmed in.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
The quickest way to recharge the battery is to put it in manual shift and drive it hard. Than, again it eating up more gas by doing this way.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The quickest way to recharge the battery is to put it in manual shift and drive it hard. Than, again it eating up more gas by doing this way.
Oh, yea, fuel economy is not the goal at all in these situations. I did not buy this car for fuel economy, but it is a huge bonus. My worst behavior in this car is still way better than my best behavior in my G37S with regard to MPG. I find just cruising at a low gear usually charges pretty quickly. Again, sometimes the car gets weird and doesn't want to charge and I just flip the drive mode to reset it back to charging again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.