Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its that time of year here in Canada, winter has hit. I've been driving my beast for the 3 years in winter I've owned her and its taking a tow with rock chips and mileage. This year I picked up a winter beater so time to put her into storage sleep. Just washed her quick and filled her up and threw in the fuel stabilizer. 6 month hibernation. Threw in some dryer sheets inside, going to put some Irish Spring bars on the tires (lol pretty sure these do nothing to scare off mice and its just a myth)

Throwing on a trickle charger on her and theres 2 settings. AGM or Standard.

I looked on the battery and can't see any info besides Q-85 and noticed theres a bunch of lil turnable caps on the battery so I assume its standard and not AGM.

Can someone confirm?

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
9,810 Posts
It's a standard lead/acid battery.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a standard lead/acid battery.
Thanks Avedis. Weird how it says "STOP/START on it" when we dont have that function unless 2.0T

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Its that time of year here in Canada, winter has hit. I've been driving my beast for the 3 years in winter I've owned her and its taking a tow with rock chips and mileage. This year I picked up a winter beater so time to put her into storage sleep. Just washed her quick and filled her up and threw in the fuel stabilizer. 6 month hibernation. Threw in some dryer sheets inside, going to put some Irish Spring bars on the tires (lol pretty sure these do nothing to scare off mice and its just a myth)

Throwing on a trickle charger on her and theres 2 settings. AGM or Standard.

I looked on the battery and can't see any info besides Q-85 and noticed theres a bunch of lil turnable caps on the battery so I assume its standard and not AGM.

Can someone confirm?
I heard it from a professional exterminator that those dryer sheets actually work. Never heard of the Irish Spring though.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I heard it from a professional exterminator that those dryer sheets actually work. Never heard of the Irish Spring though.

BRB throwing entire box around garage. A few years back mice got into the garage, made it onto some shelves where I kept grass seed and just made a huge mess. Havent had any mice issues since I threw anything edible on higher shelves. But I did find a dead lil baby rat frozen into a cute cuddly ball under the hood my winter beater which I park outside by my strut tower. Threw him in the snow pile and next day cat tracks in the snow and he was gone. Circle of life. I feel happy knowing I fed a hungry cat

Reactions: rpiotro

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Irish Spring soap does not work.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
9,810 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hahaha a car condom...nice

Reactions: rpiotro

·
Registered
3,464 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
9,810 Posts
A friend of mine was slowly rebuilding a VW Thing and had to store the car in an out building instead of an attached garage. He used something similar to that CarCapsule to store it in because of rodents and insects. Never had a rodent chew on it that I know of.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts