Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Q50 Luxe AWD
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received my 2 piece rotors and BBK. Just trying to get some feedback on brake pads. Thinking about going with Infiniti Sport Brake pads. Thoughts and thanks in advance for the feedback.

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Akebono Performance pads would be my recommendation as an affordable alternative, the stock pads from Infiniti/Nissan aren't all that great if you plan to do any type of canyon driving/tracking.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 Luxe AWD
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Akebono Performance pads would be my recommendation as an affordable alternative, the stock pads from Infiniti/Nissan aren't all that great if you plan to do any type of canyon driving/tracking.
Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
353 Posts
This, I think the Akebono Performance ones are the OEM ones?
I have the Hawk HPS 5.0 and the bite is not the same as the OEM pads and they squeal at lower temperatures and dust more easily.
They do however I notice when I actually have to really step on the brakes, it does stop a lot harder than the OEM pads.

I may have made it sound like the brake pads are bad, no they're not they just have to be warmed up and at operating temperature.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
4,026 Posts
Infiniti logo?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just received my 2 piece rotors and BBK. Just trying to get some feedback on brake pads. Thinking about going with Infiniti Sport Brake pads. Thoughts and thanks in advance for the feedback. View attachment 95819

I've heard the Stop tech sport pads are really good for the price. Better performance than the Akebono pads, no noise really, and usable in regular street driving temps as well as HPDE's.

Ordering my set soon.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Abstract rude

·
Registered
2018 Q50 Luxe AWD
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
This, I think the Akebono Performance ones are the OEM ones?
I have the Hawk HPS 5.0 and the bite is not the same as the OEM pads and they squeal at lower temperatures and dust more easily.
They do however I notice when I actually have to really step on the brakes, it does stop a lot harder than the OEM pads.

I may have made it sound like the brake pads are bad, no they're not they just have to be warmed up and at operating temperature.
They are Akebono pads but I think Nissan/Infiniti require a specific composition for the bad, Hawk pads are known to be pretty
noisy and produce a fair bit of dust but that's always the challenge with finding brake pads hard to get the balance just right.

Reactions: q50adix

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Most performance pads will be noisy and dusty. I've tried hawk pads and I couldn't bear the noise every morning so I switched to EBC Redstuff based on reviews I've read. Much less dust than Hawk and virtually no noise at all.

There's plenty of options out there but If OP isn't tracking the car, OEM akebono should work well. A little pad upgraded on bite/temp like EBC Redstuff or PowerStop z26 - both need a little bit of warm up though, with EBC being close to linear bite while PowerStop is non-linear, has less initial bite and then grabs pretty good thereafter (and with almost no dust at all).

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
4,026 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Huh? I am asking where the INFINITI logo is? It looks missing in the pics.
Yep no logo on the caliper in the picture. It looks weird without the logo.

Reactions: ptatohed

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Might be remanufactured akebonos.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Reactions: q50adix

·
Registered
2018 Q50 Luxe AWD