Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,378 Posts
Under load in the cabin, the blowoff sound is subtle and can only really be heard when suddenly letting off the throttle at anything over 4k RPM. I can slightly hear the spooling of the turbos more after I had installed the BOV kit (note - also have a tune, FI CBE, HKS LDPs, AMS Intake).
Since you are Ecutek-tuned - have you logged the MAF readings during decel when the BOVs are active? I'm told the BOV actuation screws up the MAF measurement with the pressure release. Anything noticeable regarding subsequent throttle response?

I'm liking going the same route with the TurboSmart BOVs... Oh, and I'm assuming their no adjustment with these BOVs?

·
Super Moderator
3,378 Posts
I know this thread is old, but I went the TurboSmart route. Much quieter than the HKS's. Just a whoosh instead of a whistle. I wasn't looking to draw more attention to my car. I'm 60 years old. If I was 25 or 30, I might have gone with the HKS's. They all pretty much do the same thing. It's up to the individual's preference.
I'm also very happy with the TurboSmart BOVs - does the job without much fanfare and noise, and you need to look closely in my Q's engine compartment to see them.

Reactions: Q50Wolf

·
Super Moderator
3,378 Posts
Reactions: Avedis53

·
Super Moderator
3,378 Posts
Hey @IridiumRS400 - are you happy that you went with the TS BOVs? How’s the sound? Any issues?
Very happy. As mentioned earlier, they are very stealthy in the engine bay with the black housing. I can hear them actuate as a low pffffft when I let off the throttle with higher rpm in 3rd or 4th gear (manual mode), for example. No issues. I also like that they are adjustable for blow-off pressure. For reference, I have them set 2 1/4 turns out from fully-seated.

Reactions: Q50Wolf
1 - 4 of 4 Posts