Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have experience with a great Infiniti dealership in the Philly/South Jersey area?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
I don't have direct experience, but have you tried dealerrater? If you have, please forgive me. Obviously, it's the internet, so things need to be taken with a grain of salt. This is sort of a RateMyProfessor.com for car dealers. Here's their current ranking page for Infiniti dealers in that area: Infiniti Dealers near Trenton, NJ

I live in northern NJ and drive to our beach summer/rental home in south Jersey quite a bit. Given that, I have bookmarked Holman Infiniti's site for possible future purchases. I tend to keep cars for 10-15 years though, so no rush.:D

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
OP, If you notice cricket sounds in response to your question, it's not because aren't responding, it's because we have a dearth of good dealerships in the Philly area.

Willow Grove stinks (long story but if you do a search for dealership experiences I wrote up back in June through September it will give you a quick idea).

Ardmore was my "go-to' dealership for my last two Infiniti's but they completely dropped the ball with the Q.

Both were terrible with communication. I mean really bad. I ended up with VPP pricing that I didn't expect or I likely would have driven up to North Jersey and used one if the forum members JasonH.

He hasn't been around lately that I've seen but he's helped a lot of folks out in the forum.

I would do a search and drive to wherever his dealership is.

I can't stress enough how poor the sales experience was. It's such a long story but I'll try to sum it up quickly.

Got a deal from Willow Grove. Internet sales guy was great. He handed me off to a salesperson and then I lost all contact with them. As I said, I started the process in June and I think I gave a deposit before the end of June. Since I didn't hear anything from WG I decided to go back to Ardmore again for a quote ( all along they had been telling me "NO DISCOUNTS ON THE Q!!!". They were actually my first call and I even set up my preorder through them online (stupid marketing gimmick but got a $350 Apple gift card for our troubles). No contact from my phone calls directly to the sales manager, who I had spoken with 2 or 3 times previously when my G was in for service and I even went to their stupid launch event and talked to him there -2 weeks prior. I was a ringer but no call back.

Anyway, since I had an offer with a decent discount from WG, I took that in hand to give Ardmore another shot. Mind you, both are about 45 minutes minimum from my house. I went directly to the sales manager and while he was working up numbers, another manager came over to ask me why I was bothering to ask for a discount. It was ridiculous. I gave them the actual number sheets directly from WG. I wasn't saying 'they told me a number - I just handed them their numbers and said if they could match them, I'd rather buy from them). Ardmore offers valet drop off/pick up service - WG does not. However I did confirm that I can get that valet service from Ardmore even though I eventually went with WG.

I waited for 3 hours and never got a number from the sales manager. Terrible. Then no subsequent contact from the manager. the sales person did call me once just to 'check in' but when. I inquired about their. Umbels to see of they could match WG he said he would get back to me - you can guess what never happened. I feel bad for the sales people here since they are dependent on managers to run all of their numbers. Mind you, I am extremely respectful in all of my dealership experiences, I never threaten, talk down to anyone or begrudge them the opportunity to make money. As a matter of fact, I would have overpaid for being an early adopter if not for the VPP pricing.

My original beef with WG stems from a problem I had with my first Infiniti back in '05. Long story very short - bad problem, hard Tibet the part as it was a new model, car sat for a month, called the owner to see if he could help and was told that he doesn't 'talk to customers'. So I basically use them for pricing as a starting point / benchmark as I don't want to buy from them if I can avoid it.

In the end, they got the only color/option combo I wanted and I had VPP pricing so I bit the bullet. Otherwise I would have had to wait another 2 months minimum and my lease was ending on my G. Plus I confirmed the service valet with Ardmore and I never had any problems with their service department.

That's a quick synopsis for you. Both stink (West Chester is owned by Ardmore I believe but may have different staff). Your experience may be different now since there are known discounts on the cars and they have more stock now.

If anyone asked me, I would recommend JasonH and take the drive. More dealerships up there so an educated buyer can probably negotiate a little tighter. I just got the feeling that Ardmore is under new management or the owner went to Infiniti school for how to screw your buyers for max margins - and not earn it!

In the end, I was ready to give a dealer close to $4000+ in profit as an early adopter on the car ending up over $53k in price and frankly both acted like they didn't really care (managers at Ardmore especially). Meanwhile, I'm watching sales people scurrying around trying to selling their Infiniti's below invoice so the dealer made $500 or maybe $1000.

I really hope Infiniti gets their act together if they are expecting to move up market.

Lexus, Mercedes and BMW called me incessantly after simple test drives to see if they could get my business and the Infiniti dealerships didn't even bother returning calls.

BTW, in case you think I'm being harsh, I'll give you a current example.

I have not received a single call, email or contact since I purchased my car from anyone at the dealership level at WG - not even to tell me the software update from 10/24 is available on my car. Not even automated sales crap emails from the Infiniti CRM system.

Oh, and Ardmore never knew I bought my Q - still haven't heard back from them since August with their number - even when the $3250 loyalty discount hit. My guess is that they searched my name in the Infiniti system and saw I already re-leased but in my heart I think they just dropped the ball and kept dropping it.

So, know your numbers before going into either one of these dealerships and I'd avoid them entirely if I were you.

Sorry for the rant but it just reminded me of the terrible experience I had.

Good luck to you. . . And look up JasonH :eek:)

Reactions: JayG35

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
OP, If you notice cricket sounds in response to your question, it's not because aren't responding, it's because we have a dearth of good dealerships in the Philly area.

Willow Grove stinks (long story but if you do a search for dealership experiences I wrote up back in June through September it will give you a quick idea).

Ardmore was my "go-to' dealership for my last two Infiniti's but they completely dropped the ball with the Q.

Both were terrible with communication. I mean really bad. I ended up with VPP pricing that I didn't expect or I likely would have driven up to North Jersey and used one if the forum members JasonH.

He hasn't been around lately that I've seen but he's helped a lot of folks out in the forum.

I would do a search and drive to wherever his dealership is.

I can't stress enough how poor the sales experience was. It's such a long story but I'll try to sum it up quickly.

Got a deal from Willow Grove. Internet sales guy was great. He handed me off to a salesperson and then I lost all contact with them. As I said, I started the process in June and I think I gave a deposit before the end of June. Since I didn't hear anything from WG I decided to go back to Ardmore again for a quote ( all along they had been telling me "NO DISCOUNTS ON THE Q!!!". They were actually my first call and I even set up my preorder through them online (stupid marketing gimmick but got a $350 Apple gift card for our troubles). No contact from my phone calls directly to the sales manager, who I had spoken with 2 or 3 times previously when my G was in for service and I even went to their stupid launch event and talked to him there -2 weeks prior. I was a ringer but no call back.

Anyway, since I had an offer with a decent discount from WG, I took that in hand to give Ardmore another shot. Mind you, both are about 45 minutes minimum from my house. I went directly to the sales manager and while he was working up numbers, another manager came over to ask me why I was bothering to ask for a discount. It was ridiculous. I gave them the actual number sheets directly from WG. I wasn't saying 'they told me a number - I just handed them their numbers and said if they could match them, I'd rather buy from them). Ardmore offers valet drop off/pick up service - WG does not. However I did confirm that I can get that valet service from Ardmore even though I eventually went with WG.

I waited for 3 hours and never got a number from the sales manager. Terrible. Then no subsequent contact from the manager. the sales person did call me once just to 'check in' but when. I inquired about their. Umbels to see of they could match WG he said he would get back to me - you can guess what never happened. I feel bad for the sales people here since they are dependent on managers to run all of their numbers. Mind you, I am extremely respectful in all of my dealership experiences, I never threaten, talk down to anyone or begrudge them the opportunity to make money. As a matter of fact, I would have overpaid for being an early adopter if not for the VPP pricing.

My original beef with WG stems from a problem I had with my first Infiniti back in '05. Long story very short - bad problem, hard Tibet the part as it was a new model, car sat for a month, called the owner to see if he could help and was told that he doesn't 'talk to customers'. So I basically use them for pricing as a starting point / benchmark as I don't want to buy from them if I can avoid it.

In the end, they got the only color/option combo I wanted and I had VPP pricing so I bit the bullet. Otherwise I would have had to wait another 2 months minimum and my lease was ending on my G. Plus I confirmed the service valet with Ardmore and I never had any problems with their service department.

That's a quick synopsis for you. Both stink (West Chester is owned by Ardmore I believe but may have different staff). Your experience may be different now since there are known discounts on the cars and they have more stock now.

If anyone asked me, I would recommend JasonH and take the drive. More dealerships up there so an educated buyer can probably negotiate a little tighter. I just got the feeling that Ardmore is under new management or the owner went to Infiniti school for how to screw your buyers for max margins - and not earn it!

In the end, I was ready to give a dealer close to $4000+ in profit as an early adopter on the car ending up over $53k in price and frankly both acted like they didn't really care (managers at Ardmore especially). Meanwhile, I'm watching sales people scurrying around trying to selling their Infiniti's below invoice so the dealer made $500 or maybe $1000.

I really hope Infiniti gets their act together if they are expecting to move up market.

Lexus, Mercedes and BMW called me incessantly after simple test drives to see if they could get my business and the Infiniti dealerships didn't even bother returning calls.

BTW, in case you think I'm being harsh, I'll give you a current example.

I have not received a single call, email or contact since I purchased my car from anyone at the dealership level at WG - not even to tell me the software update from 10/24 is available on my car. Not even automated sales crap emails from the Infiniti CRM system.

Oh, and Ardmore never knew I bought my Q - still haven't heard back from them since August with their number - even when the $3250 loyalty discount hit. My guess is that they searched my name in the Infiniti system and saw I already re-leased but in my heart I think they just dropped the ball and kept dropping it.

So, know your numbers before going into either one of these dealerships and I'd avoid them entirely if I were you.

Sorry for the rant but it just reminded me of the terrible experience I had.

Good luck to you. . . And look up JasonH :eek:)
The low number of dealerships compared to Lexus, Mercedes, BMW, etc and this type of customer service are the reasons why Infiniti continues to lag. It's not the cars. They have 1/2 (at most) the number of dealers and probably half of them suck. I hope that this changes. I'm sorry that it was such a distressing experience for you. I wouldn't put up with that myself.

Jason H is at Ray Catena Infiniti in Edison. There are 9 Infiniti dealers in North Jersey, compared to 2 in South Jersey and only 7 in the entire Philly metro. jkay is right in that you are likely to have a better experience due to the sheer competition up north. Infinitis are quite ubiquitous up here so people must be pretty satisfied with the deals and service they are getting.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So, I'm new to the forum but not new to infinit and certainty not new to the Philadelphia area. I have friends that work at willow grove and I have had good experiences at both WG and ardmore.

I lease a Q50S (Fully loaded with every options except spare tire) for $349 a month/12K miles/ 24 Months

I couldn't have asked for a better deal or better service. Only problem (And its not a problem) I didnt go to any of tho local dealers. I called Porter Infiniti (Out of Deleware) - Got their info from Truecar.com...

If you live in the Philly market and your looking for the best deal and service you gotta hit this place up. Ask for Stu or Chris Porter Infiniti Newark, DE | Serving Philadelphia Infiniti | Wilmington - You can Tell them I referred you. (Chad) - Best of luck! you might want to hurry ..I think incentives end this month?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.