Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Q50 3.0t Signature Edition AWD
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m just trying to figure out what exhaust to go with. If anyone could drop some video clips and what they have done id appreciate that. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
3,039 Posts
Search is your friend...

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
7,259 Posts
Font Rectangle Poster Publication Book

;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I’m just trying to figure out what exhaust to go with. If anyone could drop some video clips and what they have done id appreciate that. Thanks
There's a ton of videos online. I just ordered the Greddy myself. Just comes down to what sound suits you the best. They should all yield similar gains.

·
Registered
8 Posts
www.mbenzgram.com They are backordered at a lot of places and I am not in a hurry. They have a 10% off over 200$ and were the cheapest in general. Came to 940 shipped, supposed to ship Nov 12th. I can wait a month to save a few hundred bucks.
Just a heads up I bought mine from them 3 months ago and I'm still waiting they keep pushing the date back its ridiculous.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just a heads up I bought mine from them 3 months ago and I'm still waiting they keep pushing the date back its ridiculous.
Good to know. I had seen a few other places listed as November backorder, so I'll probably wait until then and see what they say. I just talked to customer service this morning and they asked if I wanted to wait or cancel so I'm sure you can cancel if you need it sooner. I don't have the car yet even so I'll wait lol

·
Registered
2017 Q50 signature edition Silver Sport
34 Posts
Yeah I had an order in for the Greddy there as well. They said one date, then pushed it back a week every time I asked. I gave up and canceled my order. Seemed like the place may not be legit, hopefully I get my refund in the next couple of days. There are a few sites where people question them being legit, which is the other reason I canceled.

Ended up getting the Invidia Gemini off of ebay for more money, but at least they were in stock. Should get that tomorrow.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeah I had an order in for the Greddy there as well. They said one date, then pushed it back a week every time I asked. I gave up and canceled my order. Seemed like the place may not be legit, hopefully I get my refund in the next couple of days. There are a few sites where people question them being legit, which is the other reason I canceled.

Ended up getting the Invidia Gemini off of ebay for more money, but at least they were in stock. Should get that tomorrow.
Going to do that this week if they don't ship it

·
Registered
34 Posts
This is where I got my invidia. Much more expensive but shipped right away. The dozen other places I emailed all said December at the earliest and I am way too impatient for that.

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
7,259 Posts
This is where I got my invidia. Much more expensive but shipped right away. The dozen other places I emailed all said December at the earliest and I am way too impatient for that.

That does have a little markup but not too bad. Especially if it ships right away. If you have a Target Red Card, you can buy ebay gift cards for 5% off. That will save you $60.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I did not know that, oh well. Still worth it it for me, willing to pay extra to get it right away. Can't wait to get the Rev9 y/mid off and finally get the exhaust the way I want it. Just need to sell the Tanabe axle back and I'll get some of my money back.

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
7,259 Posts
I got a great deal on my Stillen CB with burnt tips. I believe high $900s total on e-bay. I think I even had one of those site wide 10% ebay codes which I don't see any more. Then I got 5% off using the Red Card. And I think this was just before ebay mandated sales tax.

And all was great. But then...... I added LDPs and the drone was terrible! I took off my $140 Megans and stuck on $400 resonated HKSs. Didn't help. So then I added a $200 resonator. Made it a B+. Livable. I may go for the A and put in one more resonator for yet another $200. My $1000 CB will end up being $1800. :cry: 😭 If I could do it over, I'd go MR LDPs and Gemini burnt tip CB. Live and learn.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm in a similar situation now, but I'm chasing sound rather than drone elimination. Originally wanted a cat back but the Invidia was backordered for months and the Greddy didn't come up in any of my searches. Ended up getting the Rev9 setup with vibrant resonates which was nice with the stock muffler.
But then I wanted a better sound so instead of getting a cat back at that point, I tried to save money and got the Tanabe axle back. Loved the Helmholtz on my q50 hybrid but was going for something a bit quieter which is why I chose the Tanabe. The sound level was perfect and it's real deep but is way too refined for me. I'm looking for a much more aggressive tone which I hope the Invidia will give me. Plus it will be a full system I don't have to adjust and mess with, and 2.36" instead of 2.5 to 3" which probably hurts the throttle response and low end torque.

I have resonated CZP LDP ready to install, but the bolts are rusty and I have AWD so not sure if I can tackle it alone in my driveway. And a shop quoted me $400 so too much money for that. If I do get them installed I hope I don't get drone.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I also messed with different resonators as well as straight pipes. And with u-bolts crimping everything it was harder and harder to get pieces back together and lined up right. Which is the other reason I'm getting the full invidia cat back with flanges instead of slip joints.

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
7,259 Posts
I'm in a similar situation now, but I'm chasing sound rather than drone elimination. Originally wanted a cat back but the Invidia was backordered for months and the Greddy didn't come up in any of my searches. Ended up getting the Rev9 setup with vibrant resonates which was nice with the stock muffler.
But then I wanted a better sound so instead of getting a cat back at that point, I tried to save money and got the Tanabe axle back. Loved the Helmholtz on my q50 hybrid but was going for something a bit quieter which is why I chose the Tanabe. The sound level was perfect and it's real deep but is way too refined for me. I'm looking for a much more aggressive tone which I hope the Invidia will give me. Plus it will be a full system I don't have to adjust and mess with, and 2.36" instead of 2.5 to 3" which probably hurts the throttle response and low end torque.

I have resonated CZP LDP ready to install, but the bolts are rusty and I have AWD so not sure if I can tackle it alone in my driveway. And a shop quoted me $400 so too much money for that. If I do get them installed I hope I don't get drone.
If you lived nearby, we'd tackle your LDPs together and be done in 2-3 hours. :)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts