Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah I had an order in for the Greddy there as well. They said one date, then pushed it back a week every time I asked. I gave up and canceled my order. Seemed like the place may not be legit, hopefully I get my refund in the next couple of days. There are a few sites where people question them being legit, which is the other reason I canceled.

Ended up getting the Invidia Gemini off of ebay for more money, but at least they were in stock. Should get that tomorrow.
I think they are legit, I did some searches to make sure first. I also purchased it with Affirm for 3 0% APR payments just to be safe. Affirm backs all their purchases so I can't imagine they would partner with a scam site.

·
Registered
2017 Q50 signature edition Silver Sport
34 Posts
That gives me more hope. Been waiting on my refund since last Friday, if I don't get it by the weekend I will be pursuing other options to get my money back.

Got the Invidia Gemini on this morning. It is definitely quiet. Would like it a little louder but I think I'll be happy with the volume, especially as a daily driver. Had issues with the slip joints by the down pipes being twisted and had a heck of a time twisting them straight under the car in my driveway so the flanges would line up with the studs. I also put the xpipe and midpipes on before installing so that made everything harder to work with. But once I got through that everything else went very well. The flange system is much better than the slip joints of the Rev9 system, and all parts lined up perfectly.

I am a little disappointed the Invidia does not have the aggressive growl I was looking for but I think I will grow to like the sound. It still sounds very nice. And zero drone which is a big plus. The tips are very thin wall and not very noticeable from the rear, all you can see is the pipe in the center that the tops clamp onto. So I'll probably end up getting thicker wall or carbon fiber tips down the road.

·
Registered
St. Louis, MO
454 Posts
Post a sound clip???

·
Registered
34 Posts
Made a video of myself driving home from work from inside the car. Drivers window open, driving around town and getting on the highway. Very unexciting video unfortunately. No where to put my phone except the cup holder.

Weird that the exhaust sounds awesome in the video. Hard to describe but I can hear the fluctuating exhaust note, like the pulses of the engine. In person it sounds a bit more of a completely flat tone with no fluctuations. Doesn't have that nice growl in person. At least from the inside.

I'll get a cold start video from the outside tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
St. Louis, MO
454 Posts
Thanks for the sound! I have been toying with modding my exhaust, but want to err on the quieter side. What was the sound at 5:59 of the video when you are getting on it? Did you go through a tunnel? Sounds kind of like a cracking sound. Sounded great right before that.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Welcome. It is on the quieter side so I think the Invidia will work for you. I was accelerating on to the highway at that point and I think the crackling was my phone bouncing against the cup holder.

·
Registered
2021 Q50 RedSport, MBRP Cat-Back. HKS BOV, AMS LDP, Mishimoto Catch Can
548 Posts
Where did you add the resonators? Do you have any photos of your setup? I cant stand the drone any longer and have been considering whether or not I should just buy ARK/sell MBRP ($1400 or so) or add resonators that will hopefully help with the nasty noises.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Not sure about Ptatohed but I put in some vibrant resonators in the mid pipe of the Rev9 setup. Tried just the straight pipe that came with the Rev9 setup and the drone was horrible. The resonators nearly eliminated all the drone. I'll get a picture of it all together tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
3,039 Posts
Here is my Rev9 y pipe and midpipe with the Vibrant resonators.
Since we're showing off our CBEs, here's my FI resonated CBE after 3 1/2 years (pic taken August 2020), and still sounding good:
Wheel Automotive tire Bicycle tire Motor vehicle Bicycle fork

·
Registered
34 Posts
Update: finally got my refund from Mbenzgram today, after 2 weeks of waiting.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Welcome. Hopefully they are fully legit and will be restocked when everyone else is. Just bad business to keep promising ship dates which are obviously not accurate.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone hears a difference in sound between the Invidia and Greddy once the Greddy is in stock again.

I am liking the Invidia but curious to see if the Greddy has that more aggressive growl I'm looking for.

·
Registered
2018 Q50RS, AMS Intakes, AAM Resonated LDP’s, AAM 3” Dual CBE, BC BR Coilovers
15 Posts
Welcome. Hopefully they are fully legit and will be restocked when everyone else is. Just bad business to keep promising ship dates which are obviously not accurate.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone hears a difference in sound between the Invidia and Greddy once the Greddy is in stock again.

I am liking the Invidia but curious to see if the Greddy has that more aggressive growl I'm looking for.
I have the AAM Resonated LDP’s and their 3” True Dual CBE, and the performance is amazing. Very obvious power gains just from installation alone. Relatively loud, but no complaints from the neighbors, and I get a lot of compliments. Still a little louder than I wanted. Quite a deep growl at lower rpm into what I’d call a little drone at 2-3K rpm, but above that it sings and sounds beautiful. No rasp.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts