Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Iridium Blue 2018 Q50 Sport, MBRP Cat Back Exhaust, AMS Lower Down Pipes
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i recently bought myself a 18 q50 silver sport in iridium blue with some budgeting and working and now im modifying it. i just bought the MBRP cbe and im looking for a decent LDP. The case is im 18 and im not filthy rich so i gotta budget my parts so i would like to know what you guys would recommend, i personally do not care about making the car quiet and catted LDP's are out of my price range so what non catted LDP would be the best price to performance? do i go ahead with megans or do i save a bit and get something else?

·
Premium Member
2017 Q50 RWD Premium
435 Posts
A used set of LDP can often be found on this forum for @ $200-250 with some regularity.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Some people buy Megans and are fine with it. Others do AMS Red Alpha ones. Others do Fast Intentions. Myself, I'll probably go with AMS

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Megan if cheaper is really what you want.

Reactions: ptatohed

·
Registered
121 Posts
I went with Z1 because the J bung for the O2 sensor made it a little easier to install on AWD. The extra couple inches of slack in the sensor wire made it easier to reconnect on the passenger side.

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
5,555 Posts
Nothing wrong with Megan Racing

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, i ended up going with AMS because the MBRP catback is 3inch so i went with the AMS 3inch downpipe. cost me a good bit but i guess its for the better.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
11,327 Posts
Thanks guys, i ended up going with AMS because the MBRP catback is 3inch so i went with the AMS 3inch downpipe. cost me a good bit but i guess its for the better.
No resonators in that system. Hopefully, you won't experience any subsequent drone but others have with that setup.

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No resonators in that system. Hopefully, you won't experience any subsequent drone but others have with that setup.
i have drone in my muffler delete in certain rpm's. it doesnt bother me at all. i kinda like it if my car is annoyingly loud.

·
Registered
2016 Q50S AWD, [email protected], AMS LDP, MBPR CBE, HKS BOV,
48 Posts
Here you go - I installed MBRP and AMS LDP back in early February. I got the whole lot installed in one go.

If I were to do it again, I'd install the CBE first to experience the sound for a week or so. Then later, add the LDP if I wanted a louder sound, or to remove the Lower Cats. In an ideal world, I think I'd just keep CBE and not bother with the LDP's, but I'm too cheap to spend the time and money to take the LDP's back off. I also wanted a full SS exhaust system and now I do.

No drone but it gets loud and raspy at 2.5k to 3k which you either like, or dislike. Above 3k it is nice. If you don't want the rasp, don't add LDP's, or get a diferent CBE.

·
Premium Member
2017 Q50 Silver Sport VR30DDTT
440 Posts
Here you go - I installed MBRP and AMS LDP back in early February. I got the whole lot installed in one go.

If I were to do it again, I'd install the CBE first to experience the sound for a week or so. Then later, add the LDP if I wanted a louder sound, or to remove the Lower Cats. In an ideal world, I think I'd just keep CBE and not bother with the LDP's, but I'm too cheap to spend the time and money to take the LDP's back off. I also wanted a full SS exhaust system and now I do.

No drone but it gets loud and raspy at 2.5k to 3k which you either like, or dislike. Above 3k it is nice. If you don't want the rasp, don't add LDP's, or get a diferent CBE.

If you have the 3in AMS LDP, you and I are about to have the same setup... Graphite Shadow Silver Sport too!

·
Registered
48 Posts
If you have the 3in AMS LDP, you and I are about to have the same setup... Graphite Shadow Silver Sport too!
Yes, we will have the same set up. I'd value your thoughts on the AMS / MBRP set up once you're up and running! I have extra special hail dent finish to my roof and hood now... bet you don't have that!!!! lol

·
Premium Member
2017 Q50 Silver Sport VR30DDTT
440 Posts
Yes, we will have the same set up. I'd value your thoughts on the AMS / MBRP set up once you're up and running! I have extra special hail dent finish to my roof and hood now... bet you don't have that!!!! lol
No, I do not have that. But I bet you don't have a dent and a scratch on your driver door because someone decided they didn't like your car! I'll be sure to upload a sound clip comparing the FI setup to the MBRP set up

Reactions: Spadds76

·
Registered
48 Posts
No, I do not have that. But I bet you don't have a dent and a scratch on your driver door because someone decided they didn't like your car! I'll be sure to upload a sound clip comparing the FI setup to the MBRP set up
Oh man, I feel your pain, there are some real mean people around. Looking forward to your updates on the install.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts