Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm going back an forth between a moonlight white with stone interior and a graphite shadow with graphite interior. All the colors look great but according to this forum graphite shadow is by far the most popular color. I'm thinking the graphite shadow and black leather would be the easiest to maintain but the white stone combo is so unique. Anyone here have moonlight/stone?

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I don't have the Stone interior but I've sat inside a few Q50's with it and it looks great. However, from the members here with the interior, I've heard some mixed things. It's a great color but it's going to be a pain to maintain as you know, since the carpet and leather is of a light color.

I must say, I do like the combo myself. If I was a less lazy person, I'd totally recommend it myself. :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Please no stones or flames, but I'm driving a Graphite Shadow loaner right now and I think it's boring. Makes the car look too much like other cars out there in my opinion. Again just one man's opinion here but I think the car looks awesome in both white and black (so now who's boring), and looks good in red but the other more main stream colors seem to make the car look too bland.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Please no stones or flames, but I'm driving a Graphite Shadow loaner right now and I think it's boring. Makes the car look too much like other cars out there in my opinion. Again just one man's opinion here but I think the car looks awesome in both white and black (so now who's boring), and looks good in red but the other more main stream colors seem to make the car look too bland.
Yeah, we need more Hagane Blue and Chestnut Bronze members around here.

When it comes to colors, a lot of people are afraid of straying too far from the pack it seems...

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I didn't see any moonlight white models with stone when I was looking.
Myself though, I think it looks good with the graphite (black) interior as it matches the black trim on the car.
Like the grill, the moonroof, the weather strips on the roof, etc, etc.

It creates a nice two tone color of white and black.

Going back to white overall.
As a color that POPs, white probably isn't the color.

Like when it's overcast, graphite shadow will give a much better "oohhh ahhhh" affect than white.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I would never do the lighter colored interiors. i am too afraid to spill something on it or just get it dirty generally. Plus I think that darker interiors look better. I associate lighter colored interiors with old people cars, more beige, but still that is what it reminds me of.

I far prefer the graphite interior.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Colors are just opinions. It's not easy saying which is "best"
Colors may actually be more than just opinions! Well, generally speaking.

I wish I could speak to this better but I'm no Neil DeGrasse Tyson, but there's a lot of science that can go into how we humans respond favorably to certain colors over others. :)

I digress...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I also think different shapes lines and wheels make the color appear different. I think the White on the q50s really looks cool but I usually don't love white cars in general.
I agree the black interior on white paint looks great
. I've had black on black twice in a row now and was looking for a change. I'd like to see the red leather again!

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Best color combination is the one you like best and is available.

If you get stone interior, make sure you get the all-season mats, or a set of black mats. The stone mats are impossible to keep clean. I think they should do what they did with the convertible - put black carpet in it regardless of interior color. Looks great and stays looking good.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have the white with stone interior and I love it. I got it exactly because most of the cars were graphite and I think it looks better. However I wear jeans daily to work and If I go 2 weeks without cleaning it you can start to see the denim, I also use the all weather mats 90% of the time.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: 2xG37s lease guy

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Oh, I'm grabbing some stones and starting a few fires for you right now!

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
I love my graphite shadow with graphite interior. Dark interiors are definitely easier to maintain. When I bought the car, it was a choice between white, black, platinum silver, or graphite shadow. I had a platinum sliver G37 so wanted something different. White and black both look nice, but I worry about swirls forming in the black paint. Ultimately went with graphite shadow. I think it has more of a sci-fi look.

Reactions: 2xG37s lease guy

·
Registered
2 Posts
I wish they did the black roof liner like they did on the M37. The tan is blah. It looks good if you have a light car with light interior, but mine is Obsidian with Graphite interior... would have been really cool with the dark cabin roof as well.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Moonlight with Stone here as well. I think it looks great! I have 7,000 miles and have done no real leather cleaning other than vacuuming and the interior looks fine. I use all weather mats for the floor.

I think dark/black is too played out. All my previous cars were dark with black or grey interior... wanted something different and I like the stone way better.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.