Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

What are the best/easiest mods to make that aren't visible to someone walking by the car. I guess a good example would be replacing the air filter....something along these lines that may boost hp or fuel economy.

Mucho thanks

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I probably won't do anything to suspension......it would be wasted on us. Plus it would cost more than I'm willing to shell out. Any other recommendations?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Swaybars, lowering springs and CAI.

Reactions: Rick_vdl

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Are CAIs really an improvement? I remember discussing this on AcuraZine when I had my TL and the general consensus was that it really didn't amount to a gain in performance, just a nice sound.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Hmmmm...i think i read somewhere on instagram with Jorge from Velgen saying CAIs might not be possible for the Q50 because of how things are positioned!

Changing filters might help! Maybe changing to some lighter wheels and better tires will help performance as well!

You can always do this for better air intake:

:p:p:p

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
gbert...thats the ultimate intake! lol

Reactions: gbert15

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hmmmm...i think i read somewhere on instagram with Jorge from Velgen saying CAIs might not be possible for the Q50 because of how things are positioned!

Changing filters might help! Maybe changing to some lighter wheels and better tires will help performance as well!

You can always do this for better air intake:

:p:p:p
Too funny....air filter seems to be more in line with what I was thinking. So something like a K&N filter (when they come out - not available yet)? What should the noticeable improvements be?

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Too funny....air filter seems to be more in line with what I was thinking. So something like a K&N filter (when they come out - not available yet)? What should the noticeable improvements be?
They are available! Look for part number! FastGTR has a tutorial with part number and Jorge from Velgen has a build thread has a part number for it as well! Might do it too but not in a hurry!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They are available! Look for part number! FastGTR has a tutorial with part number and Jorge from Velgen has a build thread has a part number for it as well! Might do it too but not in a hurry!
Ok, I checked the K&N sight and all they had were oil filters.

I'm still familiarizing myself with some of the forum lingo, what's FastGTR?

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Hehe! FastGTR is actually the username of a member here! :D

·
Premium Member
425 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Looking at the engine bay of both the G37 a Q50 3.7. I do belive you can use almost any short ram Intake from the G37 on the Q50 with little to no modification required. Now I dont own either but I do see them side by side everyday. Some one should take the plundge and try it out. Just make sure they have a return policy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.