Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Q50 S
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are they available for less thdd as n $1k any place?

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
They're not reliable enough to spend the money and time on yet. I went through 3 MK2's before going back to stock. The MK3 doesn't have that many more improvements and is even more money. Most still don't have Ecutek or JB4 gauges integrated yet.

·
Registered
2019 Q50 S
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They're not reliable enough to spend the money and time on yet. I went through 3 MK2's before going back to stock. The MK3 doesn't have that many more improvements and is even more money. Most still don't have Ecutek or JB4 gauges integrated yet.
I thought they had worked out some of the bugs with this latest generation?

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
I've seen multiple people post up with issues and the one major thing everyone wanted was integrated Bluetooth and they didn't get it. It seems like the joy auto units have been much more reliable and they're cheaper to boot.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've seen multiple people post up with issues and the one major thing everyone wanted was integrated Bluetooth and they didn't get it. It seems like the joy auto units have been much more reliable and they're cheaper to boot.
Dont go with joyeauto. The integration with OEM controls is lacking, trying to run amazon music or YouTube music on AA will cause it to crash. It requires using an external microphone. Manufacturer offers terrible support. Go with the units from www.smartautokits.com. Austin Infiniti offers these as a dealer add on item now.

·
Registered
2019 Q50 S
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So the Tesla Screen Mark 3 is good to go?

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Someone just posted in my other thread returning their MK3:

·
Registered
2016 Infiniti Q50 Premium 3.0t AWD - Obsidian Black
15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Where'd you purchase yours? Did you DIY or professional install?
I got in on a group buy with the guy that runs the q50/q60 audio visual FB page (he helped design the MKIII unit). I installed it myself, it is very simple. All of the harnesses are plug and play with the factory wiring harnesses.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I've been using the MK3 for 6 mos, not a single issue. Many people mess with settings or install too many mods and have issues. I run my JB4 right from the MK3.. along with playing all my FLAC files or stream a classic flic, while running waze :)
Any word on EcuTek compatibility? My MK3 has been sitting in the box since the first group buy because it is worthless to me without EcuTek compatibility, and Phoenix Automotive does not publish any release notes, updates, notifications, or any information whatsoever which makes this debacle even more fun.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts