Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Infiniti Q50SS Iridium blue AWD
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheel Automotive tire Hubcap Motor vehicle Alloy wheel

So I have been looking for a chrome tint vinyl I stead of a chrome delete that is blacked out. I have the Blue q50 and I would like to tint the chrome accents.
I can't find anything on people doing this, but I was thinking about using window tint to achieve a darker chrome with the same shine. I was wondering if someone has done this before or whether there is a specific product that could do this without spraying the chrome accents with a rattlecan.
I think it is called black chrome.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you don’t want to rattle can it with nightshade or anything like that and want a finish that will last, you will probably have to get it chrome dipped at a custom shop.

When I lived in Colorado Springs, Colorado there was a shop named Grizzlies customs that did chrome dipping and could tint the chrome any color you want. What the difference is between chrome dip and chrome plate, I don’t know. I only know that there’s not a lot of shops that do actual chrome plating. From what Ive been told it requires some pretty nasty chemicals and special (read expensive) facilities to do it.
I was hoping for something less permanent than dipping it in a chrome bath, but that might be the best route. I may get some window tint to experiment. And the vinyl wrap that JD305 recommended may be a good option too.
Thanks for the input guys

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok chrome dipping/etching is out of the question then. I had no idea that was the process for chrome plating, wow. That is awesomely thought out

1 - 3 of 3 Posts