Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like BLACK. With my Q50 being Obsidian and a graphite interior, one thing that stood out to me when shopping around for cars, was the Q50 has a tan headliner, regardless of the interior color option you went with, Vs the lexus IS that had a black headliner with the Fsport models. Now its not a huge deal still bought the Q50, but me being obsessed with the car being eventually all black, i'm looking to get a custom alcantara or cloth black roof (same material as the current healiner). To me it cleans up the interior leaving no color split as the pillars are tan as well. Heres a few pics of a couple guys that have done the black headliner mod on their infiniti Gs

Not of fan of the plastic trim pieces still being tan, i'd black that out too if i got it done.

what do you guys think, any opinions ?

Reactions: YoungRizz

·
Registered
120 Posts
Crap, I hadn't really noticed/thought about it until you mentioned it.....great, now I have a complex.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Lol! I happened to look up and just noticed that today!!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Crap, I hadn't really noticed/thought about it until you mentioned it.....great, now I have a complex.
LOL sorry, now everytime you get in your car you will notice it and it will bother you :D

·
Registered
208 Posts
a friend of mine got red suede fabric for his red SI civic and wrapped the suede with some adhesive around his door panels and roof, it looks pretty cool

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Love it. I'll be doing mine in alcantara in the spring.
know of any reputable shops? even though im pretty sure we're not in the same location

·
Premium Member
2,995 Posts
Universal parts like headliner have little impact on the look and feel.

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
I was a little bit dissapointed when I first saw photos of the tan headliner. I personally like black headliners. Its not too hard to wrap the headliner black but the plastic bits are a bit more complicated.

It would have been nice if it was black stock.

·
Registered
436 Posts
know of any reputable shops? even though im pretty sure we're not in the same location
I have a friend who owns an upholstery shop in Toronto, so ya not anywhere near you lol, he did the headliner in my truck pewter suede a few years ago. I only had one pic I could find quickly but he does great work!

·
Registered
52 Posts
The black cloth roof lining is far better than the tan if you have the granite interior. You have to get rid of the tan plastic if you are going to do it though. It looks terrible if you don't. If I get a dark interior I would look into replacing the roof lining.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Its nice but I dont like to have those tan pieces though! If I were to pull it off, i would love to have everything in black! The tan plastic peices makes it look wierd or incomplete at the very least!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Its nice but I dont like to have those tan pieces though! If I were to pull it off, i would love to have everything in black! The tan plastic peices makes it look wierd or incomplete at the very least!
if i get the job done the tan pieces will be blacked out as well, or at least dark grey.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
The sport M37 has the black headliner. I like the look.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The sport M37 has the black headliner. I like the look.
is there any chance infiniti would be able to supply a OEM black headliner for the Q50 since the M37 has one ... :confused:

·
Registered
2016 Infiniti Q50 Premium 3.0t AWD - Black Obsidian
47 Posts
Someone has to have completed this by now

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
3,837 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Infiniti Q50 AWD Premium
198 Posts
Someone has to have completed this by now
i'm almost complete, headliner is the only piece/part i need to 'wrap'..

Nice 7 year old bump YR. @ridinonrails is in the process of a full black headliner conversion. He may be done.
almost almost lol. got tied up with work (new job, new location) and life.. hopefully next month i can work on doing it

Reactions: ptatohed

·
Registered
6 Posts
The Q60s have a darker greyish one I really like too, it's one of the few things I wish I could change on the Q50s

1 - 20 of 20 Posts