Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just purchased a Black Premium on Stone. I have a small 1 car Garage I don't park in there storage. And its at an angle. Any cleaning tips ? I couldn't decide on what color. My last car G37 was Graphite Shadow on Graphite. So I wanted a change. That left it between Black & White. I got a great deal on the Black. The car was in stock. The White wasn't. The same exact car without the 19" Wheel package at another dealership was $38 More a month & An extra $500 Down. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I just purchased a Black Premium on Stone. I have a small 1 car Garage I don't park in there storage. And its at an angle. Any cleaning tips ? I couldn't decide on what color. My last car G37 was Graphite Shadow on Graphite. So I wanted a change. That left it between Black & White. I got a great deal on the Black. The car was in stock. The White wasn't. The same exact car without the 19" Wheel package at another dealership was $38 More a month & An extra $500 Down. Thanks for any input.
Selzini, please translate.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
You are in for a little work keeping a black car that is parked outside clean. In order to make your life easier, I recommend that you put a good coat of wax on the car as soon as you can. My preferred basic wax is Meguiar's NXT. From there, a weekly or bi-weekly wash will keep it looking good. If you want to go beyond just the basics, head on over to Autopia Forums for more info.

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Being on my 3rd Infiniti I can tell you this much, the paint is extremely extremely soft so the little brush against the paint will leave scratches on it. I can't speak for the new Q50's but all my G's were just awful. My current Malbec Black is just a nightmare to maintain, no matter how much paint correction and detailing I do to it, after 2-3 months the paint just looks as if nothing was done to it. All I can say is keep up with it, apply QUALITY products (not stuff from autozone), I recommend you check out cleaning products from Detailed Image - Premium Auto Detailing and Car Care Products. Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Black cars and NXT wax don't work well. NXT leaves an oily residue. I prefer Mother's Pure Carnuba Wax for black cars.
If one is willing to put in the work, there simply is still nothing better than pure carnuba. However, for a really quick and cheap alternative you can't beat Turtle Ice.

Now I must make my escape before the Polish Nazis hunt me down for speaking heresy. BTW, "Polish" does NOT refer to any ethnic group. Hmm, I wonder what they call Polish Nazis in Poland?

Reactions: gbert15

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Black cars and NXT wax don't work well. NXT leaves an oily residue. I prefer Mother's Pure Carnuba Wax for black cars.
Thats not true.. I use NXT on my car, take a look at all my pics, do you see oily residue?

I wash the car weekly with 3 bucket system and is waxed every 4 months, and plan on polishing once a year. It does show a lot of scratches or blemishes from retarded pedestrians walking by however nothing that cant be polished out.

My detail site recommendation would be Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum for info and products

Heres some proof btw

Reactions: Jibricb

·
Registered
982 Posts
Can't tell from the pics. Especially since it was taken early in the evening not under direct sunlight. Any black car would look awesome when not under direct sunlight.

But when I used it, I got oily residue on the car that as hard to remove. When I posted in the Meguiars forums, the mod responded that I should wait 20minutes before buffing it off.

Apparently, I'm not the only one...
https://www.google.com/#q=nxt+wax+oily+residue

I have a full bottle of NXT collecting dust in the garage.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
If you read the instructions, it says to wait till dry, like most waxes you can do the swipe test to check if it is or not. Even if it hasent properly dried, it can still be buffed off just takes longer.

Reactions: boone
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.