Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone gotten this on their lower screen? I just started my car everything connected. The lower screen showed the standard menu when it started up. I tried to switch to the audio controls by hitting the audio button and the screen just turned black and never came back on. I shut the car off and turned back on and it worked.

So simple fix but it concerns me with only a 100 miles on it that it would require 'reboots' already

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Has anyone gotten this on their lower screen? I just started my car everything connected. The lower screen showed the standard menu when it started up. I tried to switch to the audio controls by hitting the audio button and the screen just turned black and never came back on. I shut the car off and turned back on and it worked.

So simple fix but it concerns me with only a 100 miles on it that it would require 'reboots' already
I havne't had it happen to me, but it sounds like a known issue.
InTouch can freeze.
Still waiting on infiniti for a fix.

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
You can also try a soft reboot - hold down the audio power button for a long press of 5-30 seconds.

Sucks we have to do this periodically but may save the stress on your battery, starter, etc. If you try this first.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That IS pretty crappy :/

Brand new car, 50k dollar sticker price...

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Ctrl+Alt+Del anyone?!?!

Lots of stuff crammed into the system and more than a few bugs to iron out.

This doesn't always work to fix every problem but a lot of new folks aren't aware of it so thought it was worth mentioning.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
I'm guessing that you tried the audio button before the InTouch finished booting up. Yes, I know it's a PITA, but that seems to be the way the car is put together.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Matth3w,

What version of the intouch app do you have. Mine has been fine all along since I got the latest update in November. However starting Friday last week it's been acting up again. It goes black as soon as I put thr car in drive while the apps are loading. If I press menu it pops up again and says loading.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How do I check I just bought the car new years

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Mine hasn't locked up since the update in November.

For some perspective, my BMW did it often, throughout my 100k miles with her. It had a 3 button reboot, which also made the discs pop out. My Q50 is infinitely more stable.

Reactions: piggybox

·
Registered
216 Posts
This has happened to me several times. Restarting the car fixes it. I try to avoid the hold-the-button reboot because you lose some settings, but sometimes it is unavoidable.

I should add this has happened on both screens.

Very frustrating and disappointing. It happens less with the most recent software, but it still happens.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Android 2.3 system 2.3.7.0646

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Weird. I didn't by the way. It was after EVERYTHING was loaded up.

·
Registered
478 Posts
If you hold the menu button down, you can turn both screens off. Try doing this and if it doesn't work you may try rebooting the system by holding the volume button down as JKay said. You may also have another update that needs to be done as well. You will know if you have the latest update if you have an sxm info button if you scroll right from the main menu. This will have sports scores, movies, gas prices, etc. inside of it. If you do not have this, take it in and they will do the update for free. This latest update clears up the bugs a little bit inside of the system.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I literally can't recall if I waited to hear the music before I tried to lower the volume or change the station. I'll try that to see if it's thr issue. I called my dealer and he suggested I do a factor reset on the apps which I did. Unfortunately still the same. However, I have noticed it's not consistent so that might be the temporary fix. Heading back to have them reinstall version .0646

·
Registered
410 Posts
I took my car in and after performing a factory reset still having the problem. The service consultant was giving me a bs story about how they can't reinstall the same version which I find hard to believe, considering it is a computer based system. Apparently they tried some sort of master reset by holding some buttons down. God knows what he is referring to and what they do. Throughout the prices something must've messed up and it got worse. My nav wouldn't work now. They are going to keep my car for afew days and work with infiniti tech support to get a fix for it. Got a 2013 G, just frustrated that I had to keep pushing them to get a fix. After being with infiniti for 10 yrs and 4 cars just tired of the run around.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
I took my car in and after performing a factory reset still having the problem. The service consultant was giving me a bs story about how they can't reinstall the same version which I find hard to believe, considering it is a computer based system. Apparently they tried some sort of master reset by holding some buttons down. God knows what he is referring to and what they do. Throughout the prices something must've messed up and it got worse. My nav wouldn't work now. They are going to keep my car for afew days and work with infiniti tech support to get a fix for it. Got a 2013 G, just frustrated that I had to keep pushing them to get a fix. After being with infiniti for 10 yrs and 4 cars just tired of the run around.

Sorry for all the trouble you're having. I have a suspicion that the service people at the dealerships have not been given enough training on all the new technology, and they are trying to "wing it" the best they can. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.