Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my Q50 for about 2 weeks now and have done quite a bit to it so far! I love this thing so far.

• 20" black wheels
  • tinted windows
  • blacked out most of the chrome (still have a little bit left
  • installed a front lip splitter and rear spoiler (side skirts and rear diffuser are next)
Before:

After:

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
3,822 Posts
Nice. Blackout for the window trim and headlights, and tint the taillights next?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice. Blackout for the window trim and headlights, and tint the taillights next?
Thanks! I just got the window trim vinyl in yesterday and the Amber delete, headlights tint and chrome delete for that little bit of chrome around those bottom lights in the front are on the way.

I will say, though, that I hate the lack of options of aftermarket parts for the Q50s. I had a 2016 mustang for 4 years prior to this Q. That platform has an insane amount of options.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
87 Posts
Can you share what type of wheels those are?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Looks great man, always love a quality black out job. I need to get my trim vinyl wrapped soon, and do most of the pieces you wrapped black as well. There are a few good places with unique pieces for the q50, I would try outcast garage, they have the carbon trunk I want.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks great man, always love a quality black out job. I need to get my trim vinyl wrapped soon, and do most of the pieces you wrapped black as well. There are a few good places with unique pieces for the q50, I would try outcast garage, they have the carbon trunk I want.
Thanks! All of my emblems and the door handles I plasti-dipped matte black. It was the easiest process. Way easier than I thought it would be.

I'll check Outcast Garage out. Thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yours looks great!

I used Plasti-Dip on all of my chrome as well. I applied it about a year ago, seven layers on everything. My emblems, grille trim and door handles all still look good, even through many car washes.

Some of the trim around the windows is just beginning to separate a bit, and it's driving me nuts. For that, I have a matte black vinyl kit that I'll apply in stages when necessary. If you haven't done your window trim yet, I might suggest vinyl for longevity as the Plasti-Dip has a little trouble next to the rubber. That said, it was fun applying the Dip!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Looks great, whole new car. Personally, I would aim for a mild accent on the trunk. Maybe gunmetal wrap on the Infiniti badge or the Infiniti in chrome piece. Maybe delete the Infiniti logo and q50 altogether. That’s just my taste, your car your call. Looks better either way ??

Reactions: ptatohed

·
Registered
2017 q50 signature edition majestic white
54 Posts
Nice job. I want to do the grill too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 q50 signature edition majestic white
54 Posts
Yours looks great!

I used Plasti-Dip on all of my chrome as well. I applied it about a year ago, seven layers on everything. My emblems, grille trim and door handles all still look good, even through many car washes.

Some of the trim around the windows is just beginning to separate a bit, and it's driving me nuts. For that, I have a matte black vinyl kit that I'll apply in stages when necessary. If you haven't done your window trim yet, I might suggest vinyl for longevity as the Plasti-Dip has a little trouble next to the rubber. That said, it was fun applying the Dip!

View attachment 90405
View attachment 90408
View attachment 90409
Do you have a pic of the grill after ? You didn’t paint the middle did you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Nice. I was iffy about not doing the center part. Looks good though thanks
The center emblem was the last piece for me. The car looks so much more aggressive with the emblem blacked out.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Wish I could plasti dip my emblem... but with the radiant grille emblem I dont think it would look as good as yours turned out haha. Going to have to take the time to vinyl wrap it exactly around the lighting part.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
3,822 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,973 Posts

1 - 20 of 26 Posts