Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Should you be interested in a BlendMount, you will need:
BlendMount BBE-2012 and MACRO MirrorTap MT-3009

You can also use coupon code "friend" if you buy direct. Note- I am not a BlendMount employee, affiliate, etc.

It wasn't an easy install, but not hard either. It just takes some patience when working in the tight spaces. You will have to remove the sleeve that covers the cable that runs from the mirror to the camera. It pops off very easily. This may only be on cars equipped with the tech package.

Installing the power tap was the easiest part. Just make sure you get the mirror tap with .04 " Molex blades if you have the advanced technology package. If you don't have the tech package, then the mirror tap with .05 " Molex blades might be the right solution.

The trickiest part is getting the angles right so the detector comes out under the mirror exactly where you want it.

The guys at Blendmount were amazing. I ordered the blendmount and the mirror tap from Amazon. Turns out it was coming from two different vendors. The blendmount was coming from a reseller, the mirror tap from blendmount themselves. I got an email from BlendMount asking me if I had also purchased a mount that may have gone through an Amazon reseller. I sent them pictures, and they indicated I ordered the wrong mount. They sent me an adapter that would replace the part of the mount that I ordered that wouldn't have worked as well. It was a subtle difference, but you should make sure to get the right one. They also sent me both the .05 inch and .04 inch Molex Connectors. I will post proper part numbers later.

Reactions: Q'ed up

·
Registered
106 Posts
Wow, didnt think the Blendmount would work with all that extra stuff around the mirror. Was it a hard install? Did you have to remove anything from around the mirror?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes - had to remove the sleeve that normally hides the hire to the camera. It was also tight working, and took some time to get right, but not too hard.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Looks good! Now if I can just bite the bullet and pony up the $80.

·
Registered
336 Posts
So do all these radar detectors really work? I mean, how often do you think you've been saved from a ticket by them? I'm thinking of getting someone to install one on my car...

·
Registered
225 Posts
So do all these radar detectors really work? I mean, how often do you think you've been saved from a ticket by them? I'm thinking of getting someone to install one on my car...
Without it I probably wouldn't have a license. A good radar detector is worth it's weight in gold.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
They're really the best out on open roads with nothing else around. In the city they will drive you insane. I call my friend's V1 the grocery store detector. All those automatic doors that magically open for you at Home Depot and other places? Radar. And guess what detects them...

Then again if you have a long country commute and there's a Roscoe P. Coltrane behind a billboard, you'll know he's there long before he sees you coming.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
I wonder how "radar guided cruise control" affects them...
No, the only problem is that new radar detectors access GPS for red light camera locations Can be weak, that's all, otherwise it's perfect location and mount, I had posted pic of mine earlier.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They're really the best out on open roads with nothing else around. In the city they will drive you insane. I call my friend's V1 the grocery store detector. All those automatic doors that magically open for you at Home Depot and other places? Radar. And guess what detects them...
This is why I didn't get the Valentine1. The 9500ix has an Autolearn feature whereby it will not alert on a signal that it continually finds in the same location. The V1 has slightly better sensitivity than the 9500ix, which could save you in certain conditions.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Nice install. Is the GPS able to "see" satellites and stay locked on? I was using a BlendMount on my 2012 G37 but the location did not allow the GPS to do its thing.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Can you easily remove the radar and put it back when needed? and keep the mount permanently? being in NY, i dont like to keep my radar mounted all the time due to theft and its in plain sight.

Can you take some pics of the mount with the radar disconnect? (if it can be disconnected and reconnected)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Very nice set up. Could you snap a pic from the front?

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
I have a blend mount too, except they put the right bracket around the wire so it tends to come loose. When I have extra time I plan to go fix it, but you have to do a fair amount of body contortions to get up in there right.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.