Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is my bluetooth audio so much quieter than the radio when listening to spotify? When I switch from bluetooth back to radio or cd, it is drastically louder.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Why is my bluetooth audio so much quieter than the radio when listening to spotify? When I switch from bluetooth back to radio or cd, it is drastically louder.
Set Phone Bluetooth volume higher?

Reactions: rpiotro

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Set Phone Bluetooth volume higher?
I just noticed in my spotify settings i was set to normal, not loud. I just changed that now, so hopefully that'll do it. I dont know how to make my iphone bluetooth louder though. thanks

Reactions: u1arunit

·
Registered
69 Posts
I just noticed in my spotify settings i was set to normal, not loud. I just changed that now, so hopefully that'll do it. I dont know how to make my iphone bluetooth louder though. thanks
Usually while you're using whatever app you use to listen to music you just use the volume up and volume down keys on the side of the phone, not on the car.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,994 Posts
I use Pandora constantly. I use the volume controls on the steering wheel. A lot easier than fooling around with my phone buttons while driving.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I maximize the phone bluetooth volume and leave it there. That helps level it closer to the car radio. Continue to use and adjust volume with the car volume controls from there.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I maximize the phone bluetooth volume and leave it there. That helps level it closer to the car radio. Continue to use and adjust volume with the car volume controls from there.
I have my phone all the way up and use the car to turn up and down the volume. It is still lower than the radio/cd/etc. I recently changed the settings on spotify to loud, so hopefully that'll help. I haven't driven my car yet to check it out. I'll post back after I have a chance to listen and see if it's better. Thanks for everyones help

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I have my phone all the way up and use the car to turn up and down the volume. It is still lower than the radio/cd/etc. I recently changed the settings on spotify to loud, so hopefully that'll help. I haven't driven my car yet to check it out. I'll post back after I have a chance to listen and see if it's better. Thanks for everyones help
Sounds good. Let us know what find out. In general, it is difficult to have different audio sources be balanced to the same loudness. The same issue happens when you play CDs vs the radio.

in case you forgot, a CD is a small shiny disk that goes in the slot on the radio and plays music! ;)

Reactions: rpiotro

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well.... It's better, but still not great. I adjusted spotify to "loud" in the settings. Turned the phone volume all the way up. It's closer to the radio but still not quit as loud. Oh well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well.... It's better, but still not great. I adjusted spotify to "loud" in the settings. Turned the phone volume all the way up. It's closer to the radio but still not quit as loud. Oh well.
I wish there was answer. I’m in the same boat, volume is so much lower than FM and Satellite radio

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's really annoying. I've had the same issue from day one. I'm on a '16 Q50 with Bose. Bluetooth and USB are not as loud as FM & XM. I've tried with both a Samsung and iPhone.

·
Premium Member
1,894 Posts
It's really annoying. I've had the same issue from day one. I'm on a '16 Q50 with Bose. Bluetooth and USB are not as loud as FM & XM. I've tried with both a Samsung and iPhone.
Have you tried hitting the volume up button on your phone?

Every time Ibget a software update, the bluetooth volume resets to 66%

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
4,142 Posts
Mine does the same thing. I have to turn up the volume a LOT to hear my Google maps voice directions.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Ours doesn't have any volume issues, but the sync timing is way off. If I have a Youtube podcast going or something you may as well turn the screen off because it'll just irritate the hell out of you. The syncing is perfect on the Kenwood bluetooth adaptor in my '98 Ram, and it's perfect in the Chevy MyLink in my '15 Silverado, but it's at least four seconds off in our '19 Q.

·
Registered
81 Posts
There are 2 volume levels in these cars. In particular cars w the bose system. When you're in a phone call, use the volume up button on the steering wheel or the knob. That volume setting is separate from your radio/bluetooth/XM etc. Everything is loud enough in my opinion, I've had cars with proper built systems in them and this car sounds decent.

·
Registered
17 Posts
IIRC, there's an iPhone setting which enables/disables phone volume buttons controlling Bluetooth output. But otherwise, just max your phone volume out.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,994 Posts
IIRC, there's an iPhone setting which enables/disables phone volume buttons controlling Bluetooth output. But otherwise, just max your phone volume out.
That's news to me. Where is this setting? I can't seem to locate it in my settings.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts