Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Holy SH*T, lol thats crazy man, how does she sound. Any rattling or vibrations from interior pieces?

I've been looking to do this but i cant really justify $1000 bucks for a single 12 with amp, wiring and labour, especially when i can purchase springs and have them installed for $820. Really want to look into this as well though :(

Reactions: Lunch

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Holy SH*T, lol thats crazy man, how does she sound. Any rattling or vibrations from interior pieces?

I've been looking to do this but i cant really justify $1000 bucks for a single 12 with amp, wiring and labour, especially when i can purchase springs and have them installed for $820. Really want to look into this as well though :(
:D I had just the trunk dynomatted and the cabin is hush hush. They did a great job isolating the noise.

I've had subs in all my cars since 2004 and I found the missing piece to our Bose systems. I honestly think it's worth it. Best upgrade I've done so far! :D:D:D:D:D

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Holy SH*T, lol thats crazy man, how does she sound. Any rattling or vibrations from interior :(
Or your teeth?!?!?

So do you take off the whole trunk lid so when those boosters ignite the really get the car propelled forward ;)

Seriously though - WOW!! Does the clarity if the music keep up with the extra bass? What is your preferred type of music choice? Have you listened to other genres to see how the extra bass helps across the spectrum?

Also, is that removable if you need he trunk space for a trip?

I think that's all of my questions for now :)

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Nicely done man! :)

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I will have to reserve my approval until you certify that the magnetic field of these will NOT influence the planetary magnetic field that protects us from solar radiation.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
I would install 10" sub woofer in the spare tire area, like in Infiniti G37 Convertible:

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
I had a Kicker L7 12" solobaric (square) in a bandpass box with 1000 watts going to it. I dynamatted the whole interior of my Jeep (1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport), and it hit so hard, even with the dynamat it would bounce a wallet on the roof of the Jeep. Could only turn it up to about half without hurting your chest... I didn't do anything in my Tahoe, and I miss it. The wife said no, as she already has me turn down the bass when she gets in the Q.

Plus I am a bit older and with the amount I use the trunk, I don't think I could lose the storage.

Still miss it though...

Looks good, I am a bit jealous.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Or your teeth?!?!?

So do you take off the whole trunk lid so when those boosters ignite the really get the car propelled forward ;)

Seriously though - WOW!! Does the clarity if the music keep up with the extra bass? What is your preferred type of music choice? Have you listened to other genres to see how the extra bass helps across the spectrum?

Also, is that removable if you need he trunk space for a trip?

I think that's all of my questions for now :)
JL boosted! :D

The clarity of the music does keep up with the extra bass. I listen to classical, jazz, christian, and underground hiphop and they all sound very clean.

The box is removable as well if I ever need to take it out for trips but it is a really snug fit so I have to work it out.

My sound settings:
Multimedia Electronics Technology Electronic device Car

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I will have to reserve my approval until you certify that the magnetic field of these will NOT influence the planetary magnetic field that protects us from solar radiation.
HAHAHA this made me laugh real hard :D:D:D:D:D

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Guess thats not an option for my hybrids trunk :(

How about a video?!?
I transferred the video files onto my comp from my phone but youtube won't let me upload and I don't know how to upload the videos straight onto this forum :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.