Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m trying to track down a boost leak somewhere on my ecuTek tuned car

My MAP (Manifold absolute pressure) Vs Boost Target has a 2.5 to 3 PSi variance as shown in my logs. My tuner has adjusted my target and the variance has stayed the same for the last 3 revisions. The variance is not normal as indicated by my tuner and pointing to a mechanical issue.

Boost leak tracked down some minor issues such as loose couplers to the intercooler, throttle body, BoV flange, and Intake inlet. I have tightened down every one of those connections and got rid of the replica BoV kit I had on my car. Turbos were recently replaced by dealership.

Anyone run into a leak with their cars? My next steps are smoke boost leak test.

·
Registered
2018 Infinity Q50 Luxe
15 Posts
I am currently experiencing the same issue. Were you able to track down the leak with the smoke test?

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
pressure testing the cold side is always a good idea and finds leaks real quick, no smoke required. Problem is it requires getting a coupler with a compressed air fitting onto the turbo inlet's and space isn't the easiest.

·
Registered
2017 Infiniti Q60 Red Sport AWD
1,370 Posts
How about the BOV itself?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Are the BOVs adjustable? Years ago I had a Greddy Type S that I had carelessly adjusted so it would "blow off" at lower rpms. This actually caused a boost leak and I want aware of it until I installed a Greddy Type R bov and the car ran very lean because of all the boost not being leaked ?. Ended up having to get a retune just from the BOV. I was also blowing head gaskets when I was trying to figure out what the problem was.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts