Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Infiniti Q50 Premium 3.0t AWD
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally broke down, took off my JB4, and drove out to Houston to get my ecutek tune done by racebox. Come to find out, I have a pretty big boost issue that we think we narrowed down to the HKS Blowoff valves. On the dyno, once the boost hits 12psi, I lose all my boost. When the turbos spool up again back up to 12psi, it drops off again. Couldn't run a boost leak test while we were there because we didn't have the time. Having a hard time finding a shop near me to do it as well. Contacted ConceptZ where I bought the BOV from and they said to go get a boost leak test done, take videos and we'll send it all over to HKS. Guys at ConceptZ said out of the 300 BOVs they've shipped, only 2 have come back and when they put them on their cars to test them, everything was fine. I'm trying to figure out what the problem is or where the leak is exactly. We checked all the hoses and fittings and sprayed it with soapy water to check for leaks and came back empty-handed there. Anyone else ever have a similar issue? Everyone I've talked to so far acts like my car is the first one they've ever seen this issue on. I'm trying to figure it out ASAP so I can get the revision done so I don't have to run the base map.

·
Registered
Spartanburg, SC 2016 RS Q50
554 Posts
Sorry man that sucks you didn't get to make good time of your dyno appt.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry man that sucks you didn't get to make good time of your dyno appt.
It’s all good. I’m glad I went to find out I have a problem. If I did a remote tune I would of had a much harder time diagnosing. Plus once I get it fixed, he’s going to remote tune the rest for me so I don’t have to make a 4 hour drive again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Still waiting to find a shop that can run a boost leak test that I don't have to wait til august-november to get into. Anyone else ever have a similar issue and found the problem?

·
Registered
2017 Q50S
156 Posts
why not pull the blow offs off the car for now to see if it is still happening and get your tune done. If you go on youtube there are a bunch of videos on how to boost leak test with stuff from homedepot. You should be able to rig something up with the coupler off the engine.

·
Premium Member
18 RS Q50 RWD
146 Posts
if you’re using this piece you may want to add screw type clamps to backup the spring types.
the major suspect if both vacuum and boost imo. I don’t have bov but use this fitting

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if you’re using this piece you may want to add screw type clamps to backup the spring types.
the major suspect if both vacuum and boost imo. I don’t have bov but use this fitting View attachment 100799
Im still waiting for a couple shops to reply to me about availability to do a boost leak test. I was thinking about that as well. I'll try it and see what happens.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts