Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, after purchasing the new love of my life, I had to install booster seats in the rear.

The seat belt receptacles are so flush to the seat and tight, that it is VERY hard to plug the belt in. I have the most narrow booster and still have a super hard time inserting the belt. It is right up against the side of the booster.

Does anybody have a solution or have a booster that will fit with no problem?

I am currently using the CLEK with the latch system.

This is a big problem that needs a solution.

Thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
I use a Grayco.

No latch just belt. It's a pain.
I've put a quad folded bath towel under it to prop it up. That helps a bit but I still end up having to move my daughter. Thank goodness she's small.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Yeah I have the same issue with my daughter's booster seat. It is a royal PIA to buckle that thing every time. I have to slide her and the seat toward the door (her seat positioned behind the passenger side seat) and away from the stupid buckle to get it fastened. It almost needs an "extension" on the buckle to make it easier to fasten!

·
Registered
110 Posts
LOL I just deal with it. Oh well. I get to be the hero again to my daughter lol

·
Registered
585 Posts
Yeah I have the same issue with my daughter's booster seat. It is a royal PIA to buckle that thing every time. I have to slide her and the seat toward the door (her seat positioned behind the passenger side seat) and away from the stupid buckle to get it fastened. It almost needs an "extension" on the buckle to make it easier to fasten!
They do make seatbelt extenders. Infiniti sells one, but I've seen plenty on-line and at the auto-supply store.

If you take it to your Infiniti dealer and show them how difficult it is, they may even comp you the extender (doubt it - but its worth a try)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Which Clek are you using? My wife is car seat guru who is going to get certified in car seat safety and installation. I have two Britax Advocates in my backseat - forward facing for the 4.5 y/o and rear facing for the 2.5 y/o. I have no issues with them and they are big. I am using the Latch system and the anchor straps.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Phew, I am not the only one.

It is a PIA because it would be nice for the kids to jump in and do themselves up.
It gets dangerous when parked on busy streets and cars zip by with my butt out struggling to do it up.

A seatbelt extender would work. I will call my dealership to see about it.

I shoved a sock into the opening to prop it up a bit. Made it a touch better. Great advice.

·
Registered
172 Posts
How old and how big are the kids? You can't shove a sock to prop it up. If it doesn't fit, you might need to get different seats. You need to buy something that fits the car - you void any warranty, etc. if you install the seat the wrong way or using something not approved...not to mention you risk the safety of your kids!

·
Registered
172 Posts
The seat belt extender is not safe as it will cause the seat belt to sit in the wrong place on your child's body and put him/her at risk for injury...

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you IRadi8 for your replies.
I am using the the Cleq Ozzi booster seat for my 6 year old.
The booster fits well with the latch system, but using the belt is very hard.

I also have a 4 year old in a Britax that is anchored by the latch system. That one works as he is still in the 5 point harness.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I spoke to my dealer and they said there are no extenders for the rear.

I have to agree with IRadi8 that it would not be a good option as it may raise the seatbelt height and cover a child's neck.

So a sock shoved into seat to prop up the receptacle is the best solution right now.
Still a huge PIA.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.