Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Q50 3.0TT, Signature
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some upgrade options for a non-sport Q50. I've looked up and searched many posts on this topic, but I'm looking to keep the original 1 single piston brakes and replace the rotors, pads SS bake lines.

Also a reputable dealer to pick parts up from in the GTorontoA...

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
If you're replacing (upgrading) the rotors and brake lines, I think it might be wise to switch to a 4-piston sport caliper as well. There are reman options or otherwise get the 'scratched' version from Z1 at a lower price.

·
Registered
Q50 3.0TT, Signature
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you're replacing (upgrading) the rotors and brake lines, I think it might be wise to switch to a 4-piston sport caliper as well. There are reman options or otherwise get the 'scratched' version from Z1 at a lower price.
Hey thanks for the response, I was also curious sinc wI will be upgrading most of the components...

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Hey thanks for the response, I was also curious sinc wI will be upgrading most of the components...
I think you can get reman for <$300 front set. The Z1 is about twice as expensive. You will need new banjo bolts and abutment clips. It's all worth it IMO.

Reactions: GShadow

·
Registered
66 Posts
Only replacing the rotors, pads and lines with something better than stock isn't an upgrade. Going to Akebono calipers is an uograde

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Only replacing the rotors, pads and lines with something better than stock isn't an upgrade. Going to Akebono calipers is an uograde
The non-sport calipers are also Akebono calipers ...but I get what you're saying.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Looking for some upgrade options for a non-sport Q50. I've looked up and searched many posts on this topic, but I'm looking to keep the original 1 single piston brakes and replace the rotors, pads SS bake lines.

Also a reputable dealer to pick parts up from in the GTorontoA...
What dont you like about the brakes, and why do you need to upgrade them?

asking to better understand how to help.

·
Registered
Q50 3.0TT, Signature
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What dont you like about the brakes, and why do you need to upgrade them?

asking to better understand how to help.
The reason for the change is that the dealership has noted that it will require replacing on the next visit.

I just picked up this beauty, but the dealership whim i picked it up just three months ago certified it was within its limit to pass certification.

Honestly, cpo for other luxury brands means not having to worry about things like brakes or tires for at least a year or more.

Anyway, if I need to do the brakes I would like something that performs, looks and will be reliable.

·
Registered
2017 Infiniti Q50 RS400 AWD
98 Posts
You can find the upgraded larger calipers from scrapyards around the city. If that's what you want. Otherwise I'd just purchase the oem replacements from the dealership and have your own mechanic install. Endras Infiniti in the east end has a functioning website where you can order/ pick up from. Last I checked.

·
Registered
608 Posts
The reason for the change is that the dealership has noted that it will require replacing on the next visit.

I just picked up this beauty, but the dealership whim i picked it up just three months ago certified it was within its limit to pass certification.

Honestly, cpo for other luxury brands means not having to worry about things like brakes or tires for at least a year or more.

Anyway, if I need to do the brakes I would like something that performs, looks and will be reliable.

Since I'm in the dealership industry in Parts, I see this all the time. The CPO thing is garbage really. Lets say the brake pad have 4mm left in them and minimum passable is 3mm. Sometimes, the used car tech just wants to pump out these CPO inspections, he doesnt even take off the wheels, its just a visual brake inspection guessing how many MM are left on the pads. So his guess of 4mm could actually be 2mm when measured. The Used Car Dept isn't going to replace the brakes they're just let it pass and keep the profit. A good dealership with a good rep will replace the brakes and just sell the car for a little higher price to offset the difference. As for your case, if you bought it 3 months ago, I highly recommend you bring it back to your selling dealership and complain and make a stand. 9 times out of 10 it usually works and they will replace. Or you can slam them on the survey

But as other stated, upgrade your brake system. Use www.car-part.com and find cheap used BBK calipers on junkyard cars. 370Z/G35/G37 I believe all use the same calipers.

Reactions: GShadow and jodedor
1 - 11 of 11 Posts