Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Q50 RS AWD
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

How do you measure the balance of brake pad? Is there a way without moving the wheels?

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
5,166 Posts
Hi guys,

How do you measure the balance of brake pad? Is there a way without moving the wheels?
You will have to remove the wheels. There is usually an inspection port in the caliper to allow you to see how much pad is left.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Just insert your phone and take a photo ;)

Reactions: rpiotro

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
5,166 Posts
Just insert your phone and take a photo ;)
Is there a spot where you can place the phone and get a shot of the full thickness of both the inner and outer pad? Interesting.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Is there a spot where you can place the phone and get a shot of the full thickness of both the inner and outer pad? Interesting.
In theory, yes - thru the gap between wheel and the caliper. Never tried it but I reckon it'd need a late-model smartphone with ultra-wide lens, good lighting, at least 19" wheels and caliper with no copious amount of brake dust around it.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I tried it with my adjustable small inspection mirror and light to no avail. Used this method many times on far worse scenarios, except couldn't get a good enough look. Keep in mind, my pads are almost gone so seeing in-between there is hardly any gap, but even so.

Don't see how a big 'ol phone could fit in there, for the location and angle needed. Then again, may get lucky to fit in between the spokes at just the right angle, etc...My Note 20 Ultra can use its pen to press the 'shutter' remotely so that would help (couldn't imagine trying to touch anything on the phone in this scenario). Of course, speaking of oem RS wheels...if you have wide openings, probably have better luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts