Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone on this forum ever bought from BrakePerformance.com? I have an opportunity to but some stop tech sport pads and drilled rotors for my Q60S but the rotors that are being sold with the pads are what I am assuming their in house rotors. I know the rotors are black zinc coated drilled rotors, however I cant get any part numbers to research.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Shouldn't you be using the two piece brake rotors?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shouldn't you be using the two piece brake rotors?
I could be completely wrong, but I don't think they are two piece as it is. I have the akebono bbk from the factory, but looks like the same rotors that are on the wife's non sport q50.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
I could be completely wrong, but I don't think they are two piece as it is. I have the akebono bbk from the factory, but looks like the same rotors that are on the wife's non sport q50.
I misread, I thought you had StopTech (BBK) calipers.

·
Registered
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
1,691 Posts
Has anyone on this forum ever bought from BrakePerformance.com? I have an opportunity to but some stop tech sport pads and drilled rotors for my Q60S but the rotors that are being sold with the pads are what I am assuming their in house rotors. I know the rotors are black zinc coated drilled rotors, however I cant get any part numbers to research.

I don't see the StopTech / black zinc coated drilled rotor combo you are referring to. Can you provide a link?

https://brakeperformance.com/all-products.php

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
After doing a lot of research, years ago, I used them for replacements on my 2012 G37xS. I was very pleased and they also come with a LIFETIME warranty against warping and cracking. You may want to email or call them for additional details. They were easy to talk to and provided excellent customer service. I plan to use them for my Q50RS when the rotors need replacing assuming they manufacture what I need. The two-piece Z1 kit for close to $1200 is just way too expensive form my liking and appear "over-priced" IMPO.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
After doing a lot of research, years ago, I used them for replacements on my 2012 G37xS. I was very pleased and they also come with a LIFETIME warranty against warping and cracking. You may want to email or call them for additional details. They were easy to talk to and provided excellent customer service. I plan to use them for my Q50RS when the rotors need replacing assuming they manufacture what I need. The two-piece Z1 kit for close to $1200 is just way too expensive form my liking and appear "over-priced" IMPO.
I wouldn't mind giving away my OEM RS rotors for free - but I ended up beating the s out of the back left one with a hammer to get it off. :-/

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think its not a terrible deal trying to pick these up for under $350, just didn't know about reliability of brakeperformance.com "in house" rotors.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
6,087 Posts
I would agree that the Z1 2-piece rotors are expensive to get into. Keep in mind that down the road, replacement rotors for the hubs only cost $338/pair when they are worn out.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
I would agree that the Z1 2-piece rotors are expensive to get into. Keep in mind that down the road, replacement rotors for the hubs only cost $338/pair when they are worn out.
This is the response I received from BrakePerformance.com who has excellent products that have a lifetime warranty:

2019 Infiniti Q50 Sport:

RS-42100 Front 2019 Infiniti Q50 Sport, Hybrid Sport Models Premium Dimpled & Slotted Brake Rotors (Silver) Set(s) $237.33
RS-42105 Rear 2019 Infiniti Q50 Sport, Hybrid Sport Models Premium Dimpled & Slotted Brake Rotors (Silver) Set(s) $212.53

Sub Total $449.86

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
This is the response I received from BrakePerformance.com who has excellent products that have a lifetime warranty:

2019 Infiniti Q50 Sport:

RS-42100 Front 2019 Infiniti Q50 Sport, Hybrid Sport Models Premium Dimpled & Slotted Brake Rotors (Silver) Set(s) $237.33
RS-42105 Rear 2019 Infiniti Q50 Sport, Hybrid Sport Models Premium Dimpled & Slotted Brake Rotors (Silver) Set(s) $212.53

Sub Total $449.86
$450 just for rotors?

·
Premium Member
296 Posts

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Yes...the Top of the Line front and rears dimpled and slotted (cross drilled available too). Actually not bad at all and a bargain when compared to the Z1 two-piece units.

But those are one-piece! The main point of the two-piece sets is weight reduction. At least that was my motivation.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
@ptatohed...yes they are 1 piece but I don't believe you can take true advantage of the weight reduction by just replacing the rotors alone. To me...$450 versus close to $1200 is a far better investment.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
@ptatohed...yes they are 1 piece but I don't believe you can take true advantage of the weight reduction by just replacing the rotors alone. To me...$450 versus close to $1200 is a far better investment.
Understood. I'm not saying I did it because I am smart, I did it because I wanted the weight reduction. I also paired it with lightweight rims and tires too so hopefully some benefit is realized for the money spent!

But I guess what I am not understanding is why the $450 ones and not the $250 ones? They're still one piece, so what are you getting? Just curious.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
But those are one-piece! The main point of the two-piece sets is weight reduction. At least that was my motivation.
That and superb cooling. The veins are much different than the OEM type rotors. A totally different animal.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
@ptatohed...if you also changed out to light weight rims and tires, you will see an advantage so you're smarter than you think;) I like the dimpled and slotted version since they will have a dramatic impact on reducing heat build up and you get a lifetime warranty against cracks and warping with their premium rotors. The standard OEM style that they offer do not have the same warranty, will not reduce heat buildup and will do nothing more than the stock rotors will. I put the dimpled and slotted on my G37xS and saw far better braking performance and their quality was outstanding. I am going to wait until next year to replace my rotors since my car only has about 1400 on her. They also offer drilled and slotted for the same cost.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
But I guess what I am not understanding is why the $450 ones and not the $250 ones? They're still one piece, so what are you getting? Just curious.

Not sure where the $250 came from but I think the $450 was for all corners (front + rear). At least that's what I gathered from the post above.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts