Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Manual suggest typical break-in limitations:

No hard braking.
No hard acceleration. Stay under 4k RPM.
No constant highway speed.

Is everyone obeying? So far I am, but my foot may not listen for much longer.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have shot all 3 of those to h*ll. Oh well...

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
I have been but that might change this weekend on my trip to Toronto. I'm already at 670 miles. On my way home I should be passed the break in restraint.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
I just hit 1200 miles and by end of week I'll have 1700 miles. I tried to follow it but I floored it a lot
Haha nice. This might be me on Friday. :D

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Heh....I was promising myself that I would restrain myself but the wifey and I have already floored it quite a couple of times already! Even had an instance last Friday where I tried to floor it while using my paddle shifter from a complete stop @ a traffic light! Little did I know that just across the street was the city hall! Saw a police car pull out of the city hall parking area and thought I was in trouble! Good thing he just drove past me! After that I drove like a grandma! Hahahaha! :D

·
Registered
585 Posts
After that I drove like a grandma! Hahahaha! :D
Not my kid's grandma (my Mother-in-Law). She has a lead foot and scares the crap out of my when she drives. She's one of those people who gets pulled over often but always avoids a ticket.

Reactions: Q602B

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Not my kid's grandma (my Mother-in-Law). She has a lead foot and scares the crap out of my when she drives. She's one of those people who gets pulled over often but always avoids a ticket.
Haha! I wish I had her luck! Speeding tickets have been a once every 2 yr thing for me and I am about to celebrate it in a few months so I am being pretty cautious...well, based on my previous story, I might be lying! :p

Reactions: Q602B and SnowItch

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts

No hard braking.

Been following (1) and (2), but (3) is hard to do on my work commute. Especially when they don't specify what distance one must avoid driving at constant highway speed. 500 feet? 5 miles? 5 minutes? :confused:

340 miles so far. 25% there.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Been following (1) and (2), but (3) is hard to do on my work commute. Especially when they don't specify what distance one must avoid driving at constant highway speed. 500 feet? 5 miles? 5 minutes? :confused:

340 miles so far. 25% there.
I was wondering the same thing. I tend to put on the Cruise Control about 7 MPH over speed limit on highways (cops around here are usually looking to 10+). I try to speed up occasionally, but I don't know how often that should be either.

·
Premium Member
1,347 Posts
Heh....I was promising myself that I would restrain myself but the wifey and I have already floored it quite a couple of times already! Even had an instance last Friday where I tried to floor it while using my paddle shifter from a complete stop @ a traffic light! Little did I know that just across the street was the city hall! Saw a police car pull out of the city hall parking area and thought I was in trouble! Good thing he just drove past me! After that I drove like a grandma! Hahahaha! :D
Wuss!:D

·
Premium Member
1,347 Posts
Get a radar detector. Problem solved!
Not in Virginia.

I live in Maryland, but I live closer to VA and it's where I also work. Sucks having to take the detector down and then forgetting to put it back up once I cross over the WWB.:(

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Not in Virginia.

I live in Maryland, but I live closer to VA and it where I also work. Sucks having to take to detector down and then forgetting to put it back up once I cross over the WWB.:(
That sucks. Its a habit of mine to put my detector on when I hit the highway.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Hahaha! I'd rather put my money towards mods than my once in every two year donation of traffic tickets! Hahaha!

Reactions: Q602B

·
Registered
302 Posts

No hard braking.

No hard breaking? I've been accused by Infiniti service of burning out brakes early due to 'high speed braking'. I've asked them if I should use my foot instead. So, not sure I can control this.

4K RPM? I think I can manage that.

Constant highway speed? No problem. I can easily vary my speed between 70-90mph.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.