Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone tuned by Btuned? I had the car tuned through them and deciding whether or not I should swap to race box or specialtyZ. Thanks leave comments below.

·
Premium Member
Allen, Texas
855 Posts
Seb @ SpecialityZ & Hussain @ Racebox are solid.

Racebox is putting up some impressive numbers and I am very pleased with my tune from them.

·
Premium Member
Allen, Texas
855 Posts
Reactions: Q50fiddy

·
Registered
Spartanburg, SC 2016 RS Q50
686 Posts
I'm tuned with BTuned. Are you having issues or did you lose a race to someone with a Racebox tune? I'm close to getting my flex fuel tune redone and I too am thinking of going to RB.

·
Premium Member
Allen, Texas
855 Posts
I really enjoyed my tune with Seb @ SpecialityZ but with the addition of even more items to the car I wanted to see what Dan (RIP) @ AMS could do. Unfortunately we were not able to complete the tune. Once I got my car back together following my engine failure & supply chain slow downs, I was tracking the work Hussain @ Racebox was doing and felt moving on was right.

I got his v1 base tune for my setup in preparation for my trip down to Houston for a dyno tune. His pedal feel is definitely aggressive as compared to my other tuners. Alex and Hussain worked to get me a more linear pedal response and I am very pleased with the performance and drivability!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm tuned with BTuned. Are you having issues or did you lose a race to someone with a Racebox tune? I'm close to getting my flex fuel tune redone and I too am thinking of going to RB.
I’m switching from a 91 tune to 93 tune. I raced an awd q50 and lost he was awd with down pipes tuned by racebox. Thinking I need to step my game up. But I’ve done lots of research on Btuned. I think I’ll stay with them.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’m switching from a 91 tune to 93 tune. I raced an awd q50 and lost he was awd with down pipes tuned by racebox. Thinking I need to step my game up. But I’ve done lots of research on Btuned. I think I’ll stay with them.
He had more mods but I still felt like I should have at least kept up with him. I was rwd as well... Racebox seems to be putting u higher numbers. Not sure what I’ll end up doing.

·
Registered
236 Posts
He had more mods but I still felt like I should have at least kept up with him. I was rwd as well... Racebox seems to be putting u higher numbers. Not sure what I’ll end up doing.
I’ll be going with racebox once I’m ready for a tune. I’m here in Houston so it’s nice he is here as well

·
Registered
2018 Q50 Luxe 3.0t
25 Posts
I am tuned through them on 93 I made 465 whp and 500 wtq bolt ons. On low boost and traction control on my RWD I ran a 7.6 1/8th mile. So with proper tires and boost it would be a low 11s pass.

·
Registered
2018 Infiniti Q50 Luxe
220 Posts
I’m in between BTuned and GoRacebox as well as I’m only two hours from Orlando. A lot of Miami guys seem to be Racebox and I can just do it remotely. Time will tell! I’m ready to get out of the stock (full exhaust) tune game.

·
Premium Member
Allen, Texas
855 Posts
Racebox for the win

Reactions: Ddnspider

·
Registered
686 Posts
Both are great tuners and can get maximum power out of your car. I think Rbox is a little better at Launch Control because he's tuned most of the fastest cars. BTuned is known more for fast roll racing cars from what I've seen. Big are great either way.

·
Registered
2017 Q50 S Red Sport 400 RWD
167 Posts
Tuned by BTuned. 499/546 RWD 17 Q50 RS. I'm going to follow this conversation as I have been thinking the very same thing. I'm very happy and I don't have any issues with my tune or my car. Brandon is a nice guy. Racebox has been putting out some very impressive numbers lately. He has my attention.

·
Registered
22 Q50 RS AWD
14 Posts
Any experience moving from Btuned over to Racebox? "Finishing" my tune with Btuned now; already exploring alternatives.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Any experience moving from Btuned over to Racebox? "Finishing" my tune with Btuned now; already exploring alternatives.
BTuned was great and he made my car fast. Racebox tuned my power delivery a little different so I like that. I sacrificed some low end power for more top end. I gained 35hp and about 30trq at 6500rpm.
Blue is BTuned.
Red is Racebox
Rectangle Slope Plot Line Font
This is my E30 Flex Fuel tune and my 93.
Rectangle Slope Plot Line Font

Reactions: TheLaw

·
Registered
22 Q50 RS AWD
14 Posts
BTuned was great and he made my car fast. Racebox tuned my power delivery a little different so I like that. I sacrificed some low end power for more top end. I gained 35hp and about 30trq at 6500rpm.
Blue is BTuned.
Red is Racebox View attachment 108546 This is my E30 Flex Fuel tune and my 93. View attachment 108548
Great info, thank you!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts