Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wife was at work this morning so I thought I would get busy. Sorry for the cell phone pics, I will get better ones later. I will also get night shots of the GTR button, and yes it still lights up blue to match the dash.

- GTR Button Installed
- DIY Invisicord Installed to Hardwire the Radar Detector to the Homelink Mirror.
- Fully Debaged except emblems. (It looks nice and clean now) ... btw I pulled off 16 letters and numbers off my Q50. That's quite excessive I think!

More pics later today!

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Nice! Not really a fan of the GTR Start button but nice to know that could be done! Already took out the HYBRID on my fenders and will do the Q50S later tonight or early tom before I do my claybar and sealant! Still wanna have it on for a little while more! Hahaha!

Reactions: bdbaity

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
What other mods do u plan to do besides the ones in your sig?

I want to powdercoat/paint my calipers but kinda iffy about doing any damage to sensors but, from what the infiniti manager on the forum told me when I sent him a PM, it shouldnt be a problem! Need to know where to get seals for it though! :(

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
What other mods do u plan to do besides the ones in your sig?

I want to powdercoat/paint my calipers but kinda iffy about doing any damage to sensors but, from what the infiniti manager on the forum told me when I sent him a PM, it shouldnt be a problem! Need to know where to get seals for it though! :(
Not sure yet. Depends on what comes out from the vendors. This is my dd and my rolling office so I don't want to do too much. Definitely doing the black grill and rear spoiler or maybe wait and see what lip spoiler options come available.

I really don't care for the chrome above and below the license plate so I "may" plastidip it and the front/rear Infiniti emblems. If I don't like it I can just pull it off. I am not sure if this would look ricey or not??? I may plastidip the chrome around the front grill too just to see what it looks like. (I don't like chrome anywhere)

I want springs asap. On the 370Z forums "Swift Springs" were the best and I am hoping they come out with springs for the Q50 to balance out the slight body roll. I think this and new tires would take this care into another league.

I may want intakes too. Depends on what comes out.

Reactions: gbert15

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Not sure yet. Depends on what comes out from the vendors. This is my dd and my rolling office so I don't want to do too much. Definitely doing the black grill and rear spoiler or maybe wait and see what lip spoiler options come available.

I really don't care for the chrome above and below the license plate so I "may" plastidip it and the front/rear Infiniti emblems. If I don't like it I can just pull it off. I am not sure if this would look ricey or not??? I may plastidip the chrome around the front grill too just to see what it looks like. (I don't like chrome anywhere)

I want springs asap. On the 370Z forums "Swift Springs" were the best and I am hoping they come out with springs for the Q50 to balance out the slight body roll. I think this and new tires would take this care into another league.

I may want intakes too. Depends on what comes out.
Hmmm....not sure if blacking out all those stuff will look good man! Tried to photoshop and it looked weird so I just plan to black out the mesh of the grille! Would like to see how yours go though just to be sure!

Swift seems nice! I think they had a good drop while providing a nice comfortable spring rate as well! Only problem is our direct adaptive steering man! I think changing those out will throw off some sensors! Only reason Vossen is ok with theirs is because they have the base model without the direct adaptive steering! I hope it will be possible cuz I wanna lower but just to lessen tire gap!

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Interested to see the DIY for the radar hookup.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hmmm....not sure if blacking out all those stuff will look good man! Tried to photoshop and it looked weird so I just plan to black out the mesh of the grille! Would like to see how yours go though just to be sure!
Yeah I am not sure about it either. I can try it and if it doesn't look good I can pull it off.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Looks good! The first thing I do will be 3.7 badge delete on fenders and AWD delete on trunk. After that smoking the tail lights and looking for a set of coilovers. Also intersted in a subtle spoiler. Anyone making them yet?

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Looks good! The first thing I do will be 3.7 badge delete on fenders and AWD delete on trunk. After that smoking the tail lights and looking for a set of coilovers. Also intersted in a subtle spoiler. Anyone making them yet?
Infiniti has one but it doesnt look good IMO! Keep us posted on those smoked tails!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Infiniti has one but it doesnt look good IMO! Keep us posted on those smoked tails!
Probably be spring before we start seeing any decent aftermarket options. I'm sure you guys in the states will get them first so I'll have to import to keep up LOL.

As long as I get the car next week as promised the tails will be done right away and I will post a thread.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Is the pic on your avatar your car or at least the one you're getting?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yea please go into the radar wiring in more detail
DIY on Radar.

Used this link from the Nissan Armada:
DIY Invisicord/Stealth Cord & Radar Hardwire - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums

And this one from the G37 Forum:
Improvised "invisicord" assembly & install tip for Radar Detector - MyG37

Below are my pics and a quick write up. Works great and cuts off when the vehicle cuts off.

Telephone cord that came with my V1. It only had 2 inner wires, I think regular phone line may have 4... Not sure. Red = Ground, Green = Power

Used the male connector from the Armada Forum DIY. About $3 @ Radioshack

Solder it.

Heat Shrink It

Connector out of the back of the mirror with 3 wires. Black is ground, driver's side wire is the power wire. Push the pin (red from the telephone cord) into the black slot. Take the green wire pin and put it in the drivers side wire slot.

Connected

Installed and zip-tied.

Reactions: greenhut

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nice! Not really a fan of the GTR Start button but nice to know that could be done! Already took out the HYBRID on my fenders and will do the Q50S later tonight or early tom before I do my claybar and sealant! Still wanna have it on for a little while more! Hahaha!
After driving around today I realized that the GTR button doesn't fit the interior of the car so I switched it back to stock.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Black = ground. I believe the light orange is the power wire. At least it is on mine.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
how did you do the button red?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.