Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Since it is a new design that won't see another redesign for another 5+ years, I am going to buy.

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
The previous G37 and G35 really made some accomplishments in the segment. From what I could remember they sold pretty well making an impact for Infiniti's growth. Now with this new redesigned Q50 theres no doubt past owners will jump back in to an infiniti. Although ther willbe a number of leases, I think consumers dominate in the buyers market.

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Im buying it. I love the Q50, even without seeing it in person, aside from being 10 feet away from it at an auto show, im SOLD on it.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
I will most likely do a 39 month lease. I like the lower payments and the fact that I don't own the car at the end doesn't matter to me.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Well, it depends.

If I decide to get a Q50 next year, it'll probably be a lease. If I decide to wait a few cycles, which I might do, I'll probably wait and buy a Q60.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
It all depends on the programs. The infiniti's always tend to have a great residual value so most people lease these cars. I would say that about 85% of customers in my store lease these cars. With the G37x the programs where always great on the lease.. You can lease a G37x with premium package and 12K miles for about $399 with no money down (just taxes and fees) To finance the same cars you are looking at over $700 a month for 60 months so why buy? If you financed the car and wanted to get out in 39 months you would still owe about $15K on the car because you would have 21 payments left. Remember that you where paying $300 more for the first 39 months which equals about $12,000 so you would have to sell the car for $27,000 to make out the same as if you where leasing.. The buyout on a 39 month lease is about $26-27K so why buy?? If you leased and bout it would come out the same as if you bought from the begining BUT you have the option of giveing it back in 39 months if you do not like it or the car was in a accident and did not drive the same , So leasing a 37x now is a no brainer... It all depends on the programs though, if the Q50 program is anything like the G37x program then Leasing would be the way to go!!

·
Registered
432 Posts
It all depends on the programs. The infiniti's always tend to have a great residual value so most people lease these cars. I would say that about 85% of customers in my store lease these cars. With the G37x the programs where always great on the lease.. You can lease a G37x with premium package and 12K miles for about $399 with no money down (just taxes and fees) To finance the same cars you are looking at over $700 a month for 60 months so why buy? If you financed the car and wanted to get out in 39 months you would still owe about $15K on the car because you would have 21 payments left. Remember that you where paying $300 more for the first 39 months which equals about $12,000 so you would have to sell the car for $27,000 to make out the same as if you where leasing.. The buyout on a 39 month lease is about $26-27K so why buy?? If you leased and bout it would come out the same as if you bought from the begining BUT you have the option of giveing it back in 39 months if you do not like it or the car was in a accident and did not drive the same , So leasing a 37x now is a no brainer... It all depends on the programs though, if the Q50 program is anything like the G37x program then Leasing would be the way to go!!
Hmm. Your post has really got me thinking about leasing this time around now! It seems like it wouldn't be worth buying when the benefits of leasing are so much bigger!

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
I'd say they are about the same for recent models. The first generation G35s aren't worth much anymore but they had more problems and they are also very old now.

This Q50 being a first year model might depreciate more than later on models but that really is difficult to be a concern.. Unless you like waiting for the last year generation models.

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
I'd say they are about the same for recent models. The first generation G35s aren't worth much anymore but they had more problems and they are also very old now.

This Q50 being a first year model might depreciate more than later on models but that really is difficult to be a concern.. Unless you like waiting for the last year generation models.
Yup, original G35's are extremely cheap. Reason why I see so many kids driving them around. They're great as a good bang for you buck car if performance is mainly what you want cause where else can you get a fairly new luxurious RWD V6?

beater G35 and Q50 garage queen....hmmmmmm

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
That is like any other vehicle hitting the ten year mark. The second generation of the G class was a revision and exploded. The VQ35de engine won quite a few awards too, but now if you look at any g35 they are slowly deteriorating. Electrical components not working properly and engine burning excessive amounts of oil.

Lets just hope with this new generation the Q50 wont suffer from the same problems.

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
since the Q50 and Q60 is pretty much sister cars of the G35/G37. unfortunately when the first generation of the G35 had some issue that we are all seeing ten years later. But im sure Infiniti/nissan learn a thing or two since. I've seen a lot improvement since then so i dont question the Q50's reliability. I will definitely be buying it.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
How well does the current G37 hold up in resale value?
All the Infiniti hold up well.. I just sold a 2010 with 30K miles CPO for $28,500 with premium and navigation.. So 3 years old and is lost 15K from MSRP which is $5K a year to drive...

you have to look at how much you are paying per year to drive the car.. Example... My first car was a 2001 Acura CL type-s which was $30K..
I did everything to that var maintence wise and went through 3 trannies (2 under warrenty and 1 out of my pocket) I sat down and calculated all my recipts .. tires, brakes, oli changes , trannie .. ect ect.. and with all maintence monthly payment and interest taxes it cost me a tad of $52K over 10 years and 148K miles... acura wante to give me $1000 trade in (3 accedents carfax) I sold it for $3k so it cost me $49K total after selling which is $4,900 a year over 10 years.. I lease a maxima loaded which was 40K for $380 a month and I gave only 1st month and MV at signing $900 for 15K miles...total cost over 39 months = $15,340 which over 3.25 years is $4720..
So If I leased from 2001 INSTEAD of buying I would have been on my 4th NEW car and spent less out of pocket then driving a 10 year old car that I had to keep pumping money into.. AND FOR A CAR THAT HAS A MSRP OF 9K MORE..

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
All the Infiniti hold up well.. I just sold a 2010 with 30K miles CPO for $28,500 with premium and navigation.. So 3 years old and is lost 15K from MSRP which is $5K a year to drive...

you have to look at how much you are paying per year to drive the car.. Example... My first car was a 2001 Acura CL type-s which was $30K..
I did everything to that var maintence wise and went through 3 trannies (2 under warrenty and 1 out of my pocket) I sat down and calculated all my recipts .. tires, brakes, oli changes , trannie .. ect ect.. and with all maintence monthly payment and interest taxes it cost me a tad of $52K over 10 years and 148K miles... acura wante to give me $1000 trade in (3 accedents carfax) I sold it for $3k so it cost me $49K total after selling which is $4,900 a year over 10 years.. I lease a maxima loaded which was 40K for $380 a month and I gave only 1st month and MV at signing $900 for 15K miles...total cost over 39 months = $15,340 which over 3.25 years is $4720..
So If I leased from 2001 INSTEAD of buying I would have been on my 4th NEW car and spent less out of pocket then driving a 10 year old car that I had to keep pumping money into.. AND FOR A CAR THAT HAS A MSRP OF 9K MORE..
The CL had a short run. All the Acuras from that era depreciated like crazy. Lots of problems with the automatic transmissions. They have gotten better it seems.

CL-S was a nice car. Hopefully Acura brings back Type S. I've always been a fan of Acura.

All the the G class cars seem to hold value well with the exception of first generation G35 sedans. Those things can be had so cheap.

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Acura had a huge issue with their transmissions from the TL and CL and even the same transmission was in the honda accords. Acura have gone down hill since then and now they need to come back and build the trust with consumers once again. I think the design needs a step up to compete, too boring and nothing special. But the Precision all wheel drive system seems promising.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts