Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone...

I'm the proud owner of a Q50 Premium in Moonlight White. I absolutely love the car and am having a blast driving it.

I know that it may seem silly compared to the InTouch and DAS issues a lot of you are facing, but I am getting a loud buzzing noise (almost a rattle) when I close my trunk. This seems to happen right after driving the car (coming home from the grocery store for example). It seems as if the noise is not there when the car has been sitting for a while. At first I thought it was the license plate but the sound appears to come from the passenger side. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Jonathan

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update! It appears the noise is coming from the muffler under the car when the trunk is closed. Any one else have this issue? Is this something the dealership should be able to fix without issue?

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Update! It appears the noise is coming from the muffler under the car when the trunk is closed. Any one else have this issue? Is this something the dealership should be able to fix without issue?
Is this something that is happening when you're driving or parked? I ask because you made the comment it only happens when the trunk is closed. You wouldn't drive with it open, right; but why would it buzz when you're not? I had a rattling problem with my G37S coupe that turned out to be a loose muffler bevel. Infiniti immediately replaced my exhaust system on that car and I never had that problem again. Perhaps it's the same thing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry...I see now that my explanation wasn't very clear. The noise happens after closing the trunk. For example, when I get my groceries out of the trunk and close it. The impact of closing the trunk makes the exhaust vibrate. It's not a huge deal but it's somewhat annoying.

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
If it's reproducible on every trunk close, I would think it just may be something that needs to be tightened and the dealer should be able to take care of that pretty easily.

I haven't noticed anything like that myself though.

Good luck and please keep us posted. Others may be experiencing the same thing and sharing issues and fixes helps everyone on the boards.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
The trunk door is heavy and usually it closes heavily and I don't hear it even in the quite garage. I have used the trunk heavily every time I drive because I don't like to put things in the cabin.
Also, I am very sensitive with sound and I can guarantee you that it is not happening.

You probably needs to bring it to dealer to check it and have it fixed.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Take it to your dealer and show them. This sounds like something that can be fixed easily.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.